chapter 9

Audrey POV

I whip my tears and throw myself on the bed. I look at the picture on my night stand. My parents. Why can't they be here. It's so difficult without them.

I get up early in the morning. And sigh back to boring old school. I wear a light pink knee high dress. With white high heels. I put my hair in a bee hive and slap some makeup on.

"Your up early." Mother smiles at me. I try to ignore her but I can't.

"Why can't you let me go?" I ask. She sighs.

"I am late for work. We have a couple things to discuss when you get home. No Going over to Elvis'." She says. I roll my eyes and she kisses my cheek before leaving.

Elvis POV

I haven't heard from Audrey in a couple of days. I hope she doesn't change her mind on us.

"Lighten up a little E." Joe lights a cigarette puffing it out.

"I cant, all I can think about is her. Audrey. " I sigh running my hands through my black hair.

" she's fine E. She'll be here in no time." Red smiles patting my back.

"No. I need to see her, I'm losing it. I haven't ate, I can't sleep. All I can think about is her." I tell them.

"You in love." Gene buts in.

I am. I'm in love with Audrey Marie Dawson.

Audrey POV

I didn't even wanna go home, after the fight we had this morning and last night I can only imagine what's gonna happen today.

"Audrey, I'm in here." I here mother call for me. I gulp and shut the front door.

"Hi." I say placing my books on the counter.She takes her apron off and leads me to our couch.

" Your school called. They said you've been ditching. " She says "what is the matter with you. Your school work has Been down, your acting weird. And your haven't seen Marcy in over 4 months." She asks.

"It's Elvis. I'm in love." I smile thinking of him.

"Honey. Your too young. He's too old for you. You don't know what love is yet." She tells me.

"No , your wrong. I do know hat it is. I can't explain it, but when I'm with Elvis I feel like I'm in my one little world with just me and him." I tell her.

"Many, many men are gonna make you feel that honey. Why waist time on him??" She asks.

"He's, different. He makes me smile at stupid things.makes me laugh. " I say

"I'm just gonna say it. I got promoted to another company in New York."

My jaw drops. I can't leave  him not now.

"I'm not going!! I can't." I sob. She holds me close

"Honey, you have to learn to let go... On the people you love. It's part of life. Everyone has to do it. " She whispers.

"Elvis Wil be devastated." I cry. She pulls away. Whipping my tears.

"You have to tell him, you have to let him go." She says. She gets up and leave towards the kitchen.

Dear Elvis,
I know this May be hard on you. As it is for me. But you have to understand, we have different life styles. This will be the best for us. We can't go any further than this, it breaks my heart to let you go. And I know you'll feel the same. But I know some where in life along the way, we will meet each other again. And it will be a beautiful day.

Love Audrey.

I cry as I fold it in the envelope , just as things were going good. This happens.