chapter 10

Elvis POV

I haven't heard from Audrey for over a week. I sigh as I pay some bills at daddy's office until someone calls for me.

"Elvis, you got a letter!!" Joe calls for me. I pop my collar and run down stairs.

"Thank. " I say taking the letter. After Joe walks upstairs I go back to daddy's office. I rip open the letter.

I shake my head as I fight the tears. Audrey is leaving me. No. It can't be,something is up. I dial Audrey's number and her mother picks up.

"Hello, is Audrey there?" I ask in a panic.

"Mr.Presley. She is very busy right now." I hear

"Please. I need to speak with her." I plead. I hear sighing and her call for Audrey.

Audrey POV

"it's Elvis. Honey you have to tell him." Mom says handing me the phone. I place my suitcase down and plop on the bed.

"Elvis."

"Oh, baby. It's so good to hear your voice!. " He says."But can you tell me the hell is that letter about!?!" He yells

"Elvis. My mother has a new job outta town. She doesn't want us together, I tried everything."

"Well you didn't try hard enough!. Hell I'm going down there myself." He says then the phone went dead. 

I wait and wait until I hear I door bell. I fix my hair and run downstairs.

"Elvis!!!" I smile flinging my arms around his neck. Holding onto him. Never wanting this moment to end.

Then I hear my mother clear her throat. Me and Elvis pulled away slowly.

"Ma'am." Elvis shook her hand. Mother looked at him with disgust.

"I'm not very fond of you." She glares at him. "What are your intentions with my daughter." She crossed her arms over her chest.

"Mother!" I hiss.

"No, it's fine. " Elvis looks at me. " Mrs. Dawson I wanna get to know your daughter more. She's a very lovely lady." Elvis says

"Why her. When you can have anybody?!" She yelled. Throwing her hands up.

" I don't really know Mrs. She makes me feel like a king when I'm with her." Elvis smiles holding my hand.

"How do I not know there's more going on then Just kissing hu." Mother asks him

"My daddy comes to Graceland everyday. He'll tell you if someone else is going on." Elvis says. She sighs looking at both of us.

"Audrey, I'm giving you one chance. Don't mess it up." Momma sighs. I giver her the biggest smile.

"Oh, thank you, thank you.thank you!!!!" I squeal hugging her tightly.

"And you. If you hurt her.you won't see to live the next day!" Momma warns Elvis.

I smile and Elvis wraps his arms around me. I'm finally happy in life, and Elvis was apart of it.