chapter 11

Audrey POV

living in Graceland was exciting. You never know what s gonna happen next. Moreand more  I grown to realize how Elvis is as a person.

He was happy at times , that made everyone happy. If he was depressed it seemed like the whole world was too.

Elvis has told me he has a new movie. Viva Las Vegas. He was not as exited as The Colonel. He hated doing these phony movies.

"How you liking it there?" I ask Elvis over the phone. He has been away for 3 weeks.

" it's okay, just a lot of rehearsing. And the director keeps shooting all the shots on Ann Margaret. It's bothering." Elvis growls. I hear laughter and women.

"Who's that?" I ask.

"Oh, nothin baby. I gotta go call you when I can. Love you." He ends it quick

I sigh. I hope he ain't doing anything. But any man would want Ann Margaret.  She's the female Elvis they say the papers.

Elvis POV

"Elvis. I'm tired of waiting." Ann bothered me all night. She pulled me against the wall playing with my tie. Losing it.

"Not here. I can't let anyone Catch us." I whisper.

"Don't worry." She says she pulls my neck down for a forceful kiss.

"I-I can't Ann it's not right." I mumble pulling her hands off of me walking away.

"You'll regret it!" I hear her yell as I walk away.

I see girls giggling as they walk past me shaking all around. I shake my head and go back on set for another longggg day.

Audrey POV

weeks past since Elvis called. I started getting worried. One morning I woke up and went to make some breakfast. When I saw Elvis on the paper. I frown as I pick it up.

Elvis Presley the king of rock n roll , tied the Knott with his coast star Ann Margaret.

"It was a big surprise really." Ann says.

I fume with anger. I crumple the newspaper up ripping it as tears flow. I storm off in my bedroom. Angrily dialling Elvis' hotel number.

"Hello?" I hear a groggy Elvis.

"How could you!!" I scream. " how could you do this!" I yell.

"Wait a minute. I don't even know what your talking about." He says.

"You and Ann. An ENGAGEMENT!!" I scream.

"That rotten whore!" Elvis swears.

Elvis POV

once Audrey told me. I knew Ann only did that because I wouldn't give in.

"Honey. It's not what it looks like." I say.

"Really. Then in coming down here!!"she yells.

" do what ever. But I'm gonna settle this." I say then slam the phone down.

I told Joe to get my car ready. I got ready quick and rushed to Ann's. I quickly for out to see her on her porch. With her silk night gown and hair curled. Trying to tempt me.

"Ann. Why hell did you do this." I yell at her.

"Why not. It's boring in L.A." she laughs harshly.

"What do you want!?" I ask. She stands up slowly. Walking over to me. Wrapping her arms around my neck.

"I want , you." She whispers in my ear with grin.

"Then you'll leave me alone?" I ask. She nods smiling. I have to , I have no choice. I might as well enjoy it.