Chapter 44

Another Thing

The window rolled down at lumapit ako doon para makita siya.

indi niya ako nilingon, instead he is still looking at the front with a straight face.

"Napadaan ka ata?" Tanong ko.

Hindi siya agad sumagot kaya inulit ko pa ang tanong ko.

"Why did you do that?" Tanong niya pabalik, sa pagkakataong ito ay lumingon na siya sa akin.

Kumunot ang noo ko because I don't get what he's saying.

"What? The kiss? I already told you, hindi-"

"Why did you stayed outside of my unit?" Putol niya sa sinasabi ko at ngayon ay nakakunot narin ang noo. "Why are you doing this?"

Hindi ako nakasagot.

I honestly don't know why am I doing all of these pushy things I've been doing. Maybe because I am this desperate to win his heart back.

"Stop being guilty, you already said that it was normal to reject a suitor." Sabi niya. "Don't act out of pity."

"I already said that I never act out of pity. I have my reasons why I did that, as well as I have my reasons why I am doing all of these things and I believe you already knew that." I said. "I am trying to win you back."

I can't blame him for using that argument against me. Yun yung uanng dahilan na pumasok sa isip ko nung gabing 'yon but can't he see that I am making efforts? Ginagawa ko lahat to make things right for us.

"Then why can't I know what that reason is? Why do you have to make me feel like I am not good enough? Why did you say that it was normal to kiss someone and broke his heart the next day?!" Tuloy tuloy niyang sabi losing his cool. "And why did you say you love me then kissed somebody? I want reasons...I want explanations but every fucking time I want to ask you...you'll break my heart even more!"

My tears start pouring nang magtaas siya ng boses. My heart is aching at ang ginagawa ko lang ay yumuko sa gilid ng sasakyan niya, pinapanood magtaas baba ang dibdib niya dahil sa galit sa akin wishing he'd knew that I have been trying to fix what I have done.

"I needed a reason, Trish." Bumaba na ang boses niya ngunit may diin parin sa bawat salita. "Not a sight of you kissing another guy."

"Bakit ba ang kulit mo? I already told you! Hindi ko nga siya hinalikan. I rejected him and he kissed me with no known reason. I did kiss him but that was just on the cheek because he was crying so much and I cannot watch him cry for me like that!" My voice were breaking and I think I do sound funny dahil sa pagpiyok ko but I am slowly losing it too. If he could only listen.

He laughed mockingly at tumingin sa akin. "How I wish I was him." Sabi niya. "Someone who you could never watch crying."

Binasa ko ang labi out of frustration at tumayo na ng deretso.

Funny how Daniel wishes to be him and yet here he is, wishing he was Daniel.

"How heartless do you think am I? Do you really think na hindi ako nasaktan that night? I know I was being unfair by that time but I never meant to. I told you, I have reasons I couldn't say but I swear to God, I needed a lot of courage to tell you that I am rejecting you because I really did not want to." I paused to breathe. "you got your heart broken because you wanted me to give you reasons...But how about me? Pano kaming naiipit? Pano kaming ayaw tapusin pero kailanagan dahil mas may malaking rason na kailangang unahin."

"I would've undertsand only if you told me." Sabi niya. "The thing is, you never trusted me enough."

"I am so confused that time! Hindi ko alam ang gagawin...I knew you'd hate me the moment I sent you that goddamn message.. but I can't do anything because that was the right thing to do." I grabbed the door. "Let me in."