"W-what?"

In a quick flash of light. Giyū quickly tried to slash you. You jumped away holding onto Kagezora. You looked over finding the katana to be closer.

You quickly moved over and grabbed the sword.

You held the bottom of the handle incorrectly. And swing at him with a gentle arc. You smacked the others sword. And sent him a few feet away.

He was surprised by your strength.

And it was very odd. A gentle swing such as that. Had such strength behind it.

He moved forward and kicked you through the screen door behind you. You were shot back past the deck. And out to the snow filled ground.

You held oj tightly to Kagezora. Cradling him in front of you. And you landed on top of your back.

The snow had fortunately saved you.

Giyū quickly moved forward. Jumping over the edge of the deck. With his sword prepared to stab you.

Seeing this you quickly rolled out of the way.

You heard a gentle crack. And fear filled you. You looked down to Kagezora. The poor bird appeared to be dead. It's wing lay broken.

And it was clinging onto life.

You saw blood escape from its wound.

A feeling overcame you.

A feeling of hatred overwhelmed your body and soul. You placed the bird down on top of the snow. As you pushed the katana in your hand through the sash around your waist.

You looked over your shoulder to Giyū.

Your eyes were filled with rage.

"Y-you killed Kagezora. And for what?"

You took a step forward. And drew forth your katana. And held it in front of you.

You took a stance. That Giyū would analyse for an opening.

But could not figure it out.

You pulled your blade to your side. And held it sideways pointing towards Giyū. And before you could even think you took in the air slowly.

And let it escape slower.

"Total Concentration: Breath of the Star. First Dance: Blossoming Starlight."

You began to dash forward. And you thrusted towards him. A great lotus spun around your blade. And he shot forward thrusting towards Giyū.

He watched with a stone face. As he quickly dodged your attack.

You responded by letting your breathe scale again.

"Breath of the Star. Sixth Dance...."

You quickly sidestepped moving quicker than the shadows.

"Shadow Step."

You appeared behind him. And struck towards his direction.

He deflected quickly. And you side stepped him again. Meeting him with a barrage of gentle swings. With a ferocious bite.

He was shot back a great distance back.

"How the hell is he using such great attacks?"

Giyū questioned before you met his gaze. You looked to him with a frown. Before swiping down at him.

He dodged as quick he could. You scratched his arm cutting his haori.

You pulled the katana behind you. And struck down at him. He prepared for a deflection. Until you pulled the katana back. Swiping in the opposite direction.

He dodged his head quickly. Moving to push you down with his body. Seeing this. You held onto the katana. And pushed yourself off from the ground.

Jumping into the air. You landed behind him. As he landed in the snow.

A new expression looked to you. One with fear and confusion.

You looked back to him with fire from your eyes. And hatred filled your soul.

You took in a deep breath. And let it escape slowly.

The tension in your body calmed down. Before you sheathed your blade. And walking over Giyū to get to Kagezora.

You picked him up and looked at him. He hadn't died.

But instead broke his left wing. You smiled gently and looked at the beaten bird.

"You're alive..."

Before you could react. Giyū hit the back of your neck. Knocking you unconscious.

You laid there cradling Kagezora. Filled with happiness that Kagezora had lived. And that was all you needed before you would die...

 And that was all you needed before you would die

#1141