10| Rescue Mission Pt2

I was quiet for a few minutes knowing this man wasn't like Suk-Hyun. I knew he was going to shoot me If I didn't say anything.

" I got cut by a piece of glass," I said truthfully, he seemed to believe me lowering his weapon. " know you said you were going to room 1408 right"  I nodded. " you know that's the fourteenth floor, I'm sure you're wanna use someone who's not afraid of death."

The man laughed, the girl that her name was Yoo-Ri was about to protest. " well you're fired, you've done well nursing this old man but it's time to come out of Retirement." He Insisted.

" I want to be a superhero before I die." He proclaimed, he did know this wasn't about playing superhero right even though he wanted to join my mission.

" let me join you?"

I didn't need anyone else they would just slow me down, the only reason why that man went was that he was doing something of his own.

" you're just acting Tough."

His smile dropped, " what?"  I know I shouldn't be rude but it's the only way not to get him to come I didn't need to have someone else die on my Conscience. " you're just fooling yourself, no one wants to die."

I mentioned, the man didn't look too happy. " let me explain something to you, young lady not being afraid of death and wanting to die are two very different things. I'm planning to live longer than all the rest of you kids you'll see."

The old man smirked, knowing I wasn't going to change his mind we made our way to the fourteenth floor not knowing what type of monsters awaited there.

When we arrived in the apartment, I opened the door seeing an old man, getting a closer look I saw he was in a wheelchair, I frowned feeling bad then seeing a pair of children a boy and a girl they couldn't have been past the age of ten.

Why didn't they tell me this?

The old man closed the door with a black string that was attached to it, then he held up his Crutches that were made into a weapon. He was good at making those things.

" you know Hyun-Su right?" I asked, his eyes widened, but he gave me a firm yes. " is he alright?" the man asked with concern. I nodded, " he's alright, are leader Eun-Hyuk asked me to come and get you and know I'm guessing the kids."

The man kept quiet, " Why didn't Hyun-Su come?" A small voice asked, it was the little boy who was holding a toy Dinosaur. I smiled and got down to his level.

" he stayed behind to keep people safe from the monsters." I lied, making a funny monster sound. This seemed to make the little boy laugh.

" But you'll see him once we get down there." I patted his head. I guess I'm taking four more people with me. " alright I'll just pack wait here." The old man said going off to get his things.

Not knowing what to do one of the children grabbed my arm. " are you Hyun-Su girlfriend?" The girl asked. My eyes went wide. Girlfriend?

"Oh, um no we are just—" I thought about it for a moment. What were we, friends or Acquaintances? Knowing I won't ever be his girlfriend that was impossible during the Situation we were in right now.

" We are just people that know each other," I explained we were nothing more nothing less even though my feelings for him were strong but I didn't know what they were yet?

The girl made an 'Oh' face and changed the subject. " well I'm Su-Yeong and that is my little brother Yeong-Su." They gave me their names. I like how they were the same but in a different order.