18 | LAST DAY AT HAWTHORNE

IT WAS THE LAST DAY of Camp Hawthorne and Y/N could finally go home and leave whatever her and Alec had in the past

IT WAS THE LAST DAY of Camp Hawthorne and Y/N could finally go home and leave whatever her and Alec had in the past. She was excited to go back to Reseda and see her friends again. Especially Demetri, apparently he had decided to take Karate at Miyagi-Do and had a few new tricks up his sleeve.

"Y/N you got a new text from Eli." Piper announced, Y/N's phone had been blowing up with text messages for the past 20 minutes.  She regretted telling him the date she came back from Camp, especially when she had promised herself to ignore him.

"Can you pass it to me Piper?" Y/N asked, packing up a few articles of clothing. The plan was to finish packing and meet Alec and a friend of his by the camp fire.

"Finally going to text him back?" Piper tilted her head slightly at Y/N, she knew that Y/N had been ignoring Eli all summer but she didn't know why.

"It's about time." Genevieve retorted, brushing the tangles out of her hair. Gen had the worst bed-head Y/N had ever seen, and that's saying something.

Y/N held her phone up for the Genevieve and Piper to see, pressing the side of her phone and switching it to silent mode, "Problem solved."

"Come on, text the poor boy back." Piper encouraged.

Y/N sighed, opening up Eli's contact on messages and scrolling through the most recent messages.

Go a new tattoo, I wish you were there to hold my hand this time.

Y/N regretted reading the text, it wasn't what the text read exactly, it was the feeling that came along with it. She didn't want to be stuck in the same situation with Eli as when she left. Y/N stuffed her phone in her back pocket.

"What's that all about?" Genevieve asked, Y/N hadn't noticed the pair of girls sneak up behind her.

"Nothing." Y/N spoke up quickly, too quickly. They knew she was lying.

"He wants to hold your hand." Piper teased.

"Shut up, Piper!" Y/N whined but Piper carried on, every time she teased Y/N, her voice getting louder.

Mid way through Piper's sentence, the door burst open to reveal Alec and a friend of his, John. John Harris was a shy boy, he didn't necessarily like his name so they called him 'Harry' which was sort of in a way short for his last name.

"Who wants to hold Y/N's hand?" Alec asked, taking Y/N's hand in his and pressing his lips on her hand.

"Her 'friend' back in Reseda." Piper muttered, making a sarcastic motion with her hands.

Alec laughed awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.

Harry, who sensed the tension, decided to speak up, "Should we get going?"

Y/N nodded, "I think that's a good idea."

"