15 | EX-ALMOST

IT WAS THE FIRST writing lesson of the summer and Y/N was sat beside Alec who still hadn't gotten over the prank they had pulled on him a few days ago

IT WAS THE FIRST writing lesson of the summer and Y/N was sat beside Alec who still hadn't gotten over the prank they had pulled on him a few days ago. Not only that but he was determined to get revenge on her, Genevieve and Piper.

"Today, you will get into pairs and read through each others application essays." The councillor announced, this caused people to stare at one another in expectation. Some of them hadn't made friends at camp and were nervous to ask each other if they could be partners.

"Partners?" Alec asked, shuffling forward.

Y/N shrugged, "Sure."

The pair each pulled up a word document on their laptops, swapping them over so that the other could read what was typed up on there. A few minutes of reading later and Alec handed Y/N back her laptop.

"Ex boyfriend, I'm guessing." Alec said referring to the essay that Y/N had written about.

"Hmm?" She was too invested in Alec's poems, that she didn't hear what he said.

"Your essay, it's about an ex boyfriend, right?"

Y/N froze, before turning towards the blonde boy, "No, we didn't date. Technically, he wasn't an ex-boyfriend. But he was an ex-something, an ex-maybe. An ex-almost."

Alec let out a soft laugh, "You really are a writer, aren't you."

She nodded, "Did you ever doubt it?"

Alec shook his head, "No. But remind me never to."

"Alright, now that you're done reading through. Tell your partner what was good and bad about their essay." The councillor announced, taking a sip from her water bottle.

"I don't know what's wrong with essay but I know what's wrong with the person you wrote it about. They definitely didn't know what they were missing out on." Alec stated, giving Y/N a bright smile.

"Thanks." Y/N tried her best to come up with something else to say but she couldn't, so they left their mini conversation on a thanks before turning towards their Councillor to  await further instruction.

Y/N saw a notification pop up on her laptop screen, she clicked on the tab. Before the lesson had began, her, Piper and Genevieve had set up a google doc so they could talk on it. They weren't allowed to use their phones until they got back to their cabins and if the Councillor walked past them it would look like they were doing work. It was a message from Piper.

I can see Alec acting all smitten with you, Y/N.

Before Y/N had an opportunity to respond to Piper, Genevieve typed something on the google Doc.

Calm down, he does this every year. No way are you becoming his summer fling.

Y/N smiled at the idea, summer fling. That didn't sound like a bad idea, she could use an escape and maybe Alec could help her get over Eli.

 That didn't sound like a bad idea, she could use an escape and maybe Alec could help her get over Eli