12 | BACK IN BLACK

ELI AND Y/N SAT on the ground beside Eli's mom's car

ELI AND Y/N SAT on the ground beside Eli's mom's car. Eli was getting his license in a few days and the pair had just finished spicing up the car so that it now had a blue stripe down the middle.

"You're awfully quiet." Eli announced, passing Y/N a beer. The girl had been distant lately and the events from yesterday didn't seem to help as well.

"And?" She shrugged, taking a long sip from her cold beer.

"If this is about yesterday, I'm sorry." Eli apologized, putting his beer down and wiping the sweat from his forehead. It was incredibly hot today.

"What are you talking about?" Y/N asked, she knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Look, I just didn't want to upset Moon." Eli stated but Y/N just stared back at him uninterested.

"Seriously, what are you talking about?"

Eli sighed, "You want me to say it, don't you?"

Y/N smirked at him, "Say what?"

Eli avoided eye contact, "I'm sorry for not holding you're hand."

"I already told you that was an accident." Y/N muttered, rolling her eyes. She liked watching Eli getting annoying, it was adorable.

"Fine, be like that. If it makes you feel better, I'll hold you're hand." Eli took Y/N's hand in his, interweaving their fingers.

Y/N smiled, using her injured arm to put the beer can next to her lips.

"I'm leaving tomorrow." She announced, in a tired voice, leaning over and rested her head on his shoulder.

"I know." Eli said mocking her tone, his bottom lip sticking out before he rested his head on top of hers.

Y/N pulled away from Eli, releasing her grip on his hand and shoving his head away from her.

"What?" He asked, laughing at her grumpy facial expression.

"You scratched me with your spikey hair." She complained.

"You deserved it for not giving me your Hawthorne application to read." Eli joked but Y/N sensed some real pain behind his statement. She didn't think he'd mind, it was just an application and she didn't think he cared about it.

"It's no big deal." Y/N shrugged, shuffling so that she was a little closer to Eli.

"It is, you got into Hawthorne for Gods sake! You've always wanted to go there!" He exclaimed, raising his arms in disbelief.

"My application wasn't even that good." Y/N tried to convince Eli but he wasn't having it, he wanted to read her application.

"Please let me read it." He pleaded. She couldn't, not when the essay was about him.

She shook her head, "No, Eli."

"You showed Demetri." Eli challenged but Y/N had made her argument and stuck to it. She wasn't going to cave, no matter how much she wanted to.

"Promise me one thing, Eli." Y/N said, taking a deep breath before looking him directly in the eye, "Promise me that you won't change too much."

"I can't promise you-"

"I said promise me, Eli." She insisted.

He sighed, "I, Eli Moskowitz, promise that I will not change too much over the summer. There, is that okay?"

Y/N nodded, "It was perfect."

"