10 | MERCY II

AFTER THEIR VICTORY, Y/N and a few others made their way over to a nearby restaurant

AFTER THEIR VICTORY, Y/N and a few others made their way over to a nearby restaurant. The plan was that they'd get some food and Eli would try his best to get them drinks, the plan ultimately failed when the waitress refused to give them drinks despite Hawk repeatedly showing her his fake ID. On top of that, Miguel was bummed out because of Sam leaving the tournament early.

"It was supposed to be a round of drinks, but the waitress was not feeling Hawk's fake ID." Aisha stated, facing her phone. She was currently filming an Instagram story to commemorate this special occasion.

"Hey, don't talk about that. My parents follow you." Eli explained, for someone who tried to act badass it was a lame thing to say.

"Sorry Mr and Mrs Moskowitz." Aisha apologized, "Anyways, until next time, no mercy, bitches!"

Aisha turned her phone off and sat beside Demetri who was opposite Y/N.

"I've got to say, it's nice to be at a victory party." Demetri said, taking a few nachos.

"Yeah, except you had nothing to do with the victory." Eli took the nachos from Demetri and putting them in his mouth.

"Then, I'll consider this a belated part for the coding competition we won at computer camp." Demetri took a few more nachos and ate them this time.

"It was adorable." Y/N mumbled in recollection.

"Remember?" Demetri asked turning to Eli, "Demetri and Eli, Binary Brothers."

Aisha and Y/N but Moon stayed silent.

Moon turned and faced Y/N, "You went to computer camp?"

Y/N shook her head, "Of course not, Demetri sent me a video."

"She couldn't have gone to computer camp, it was the year she threw that party and people went around egging the neighbouring houses." Demetri said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Of course you remember, I wasn't allowed to play D&D for two weeks." Y/N laughed, taking a sip from her drink.

"Hey. Cool it with the nerd shit, huh?" As soon as Eli said that, Demetri's smile dropped.

"Did you get a response about your application?" Demetri asked changing the subject.

"What application?"

Y/N ignored Eli, "Yes, can I have a drum roll please?"

Demetri slapped his hands against the table, Aisha following his lead.

"You're looking at the newest edition to Camp Hawthorne." Y/N announced, this earned a hurt look from Eli.

Eli sighed, "Hawthorne, wow."

"What's Hawthorne?" Moon asked, unimpressed. It couldn't be that important if she hadn't heard of it.

"It's this super exclusive camp for writers." Demetri explained, "Y/N has been applying for years and she finally got in, I read her application it's really good."

Eli frowned, Y/N usually gave her application to him so he could read it. It was always good but it still hurt that she didn't at least ask.

"You didn't tell me you applied to Hawthorne." Eli muttered, staring down at his lap.

Y/N shrugged, "You didn't ask."

"Who did you base it off?" Demetri asked after taking a long sip from his coke.

"Hmm?"

"I mean I'm not one for romance I know real experience when I see it, so who did you base it off?" Y/N froze, she couldn't say who he was. He definitely didn't feel the same way and if she wanted to tell him, his girlfriend was a seat away.

"Nobody." Y/N mumbled, Eli was nobody. She wasn't exactly lying, after all Eli was a nobody to everyone else but her and well this Hawk had become a somebody.

Demetri groaned, "Fine. Don't tell me."

Y/N who was beginning to feel tense, reached underneath the table and held onto Eli's hand. She expected him to give her hand a small squeeze of even to lace their fingers but he didn't do anything.

Eli turned towards Y/N, eyebrows furrowed, "What are you doing?"

Y/N looked at him confused until she saw that with his other hand he was holding hands with Moon. She felt her heart stop for a moment, that was their thing.

"It was an accident, sorry." Y/N mumbled, embarrassed.

Her breaths became uneasy and she felt herself holding back tears. Y/N looked up at Demetri who seemed to notice her strange behaviour.

"Demetri, can you take me home?" She asked, feeling sick to her stomach.

Demetri looked as if he was going to protest but Y/N's look seemed to convince him.

"Can I ask why?" Demetri looked at her confused.

"My arm hurts." She responded.

"Can you wait a few minutes?"

"Demetri, my arm hurts." She repeated, the pain in her voice told him it was important.

"You can stay a few minutes." Hawk insisted, staring Y/N in the eye.

She looked away from him, standing and visibly backing away from the boy. She looked almost afraid.

 She looked almost afraid