36

I found Olly half an hour after we arrived. She hadn't replied any of my texts so Ian and I ended up wandering around, half-assedly searching for her until he got embroiled in a game of beer pong. Typical.

He won. Even more typical.

Anyway, we eventually ran into her on the way to the kitchen to get a new can of beer.

"You came!" She beamed.

"You called in a sister favor. I had to," I said flatly.

"He's so going to owe me for this." Her grin was full of mischief. 

A part of me almost felt bad for whoever she made a deal with.

"So you did this for someone?" I asked. "I'm glad our sister favors have a price."

"Plee-ease." She rolled her eyes, waving my accusation away. "You'd have done the same."

"I would gotten a better deal," I objected.

"Oh please," she called over her shoulder, leading us to the basement. "If things work out, he's going to owe me at least twenty favors in return. Real tough ones."

"Huh?" Surprise colored my face. "You are shaping up to be quite despicable. Bargaining on me like I'm meat."

"Thank you." She beamed with all the innocence of a saint.

In my peripheral vision, I saw Ian's head rear back, surprise colouring his face.

I turned to him, a questioning look on my face.

"I heard an insult. That was an insult but... she thanked you? Is everyone in your family abnormal?"

Olly shook her head, shooting me a look that translated to, 'where did you find him?'

"What she really meant," Olly translated, sporting an amused look, "is that I'm shaping up to be the best business woman the world has ever seen."

"Yeah, I don't think that's..." He trailed off, shaking his head in denial.

"That's want I meant," I informed him. "My way involves lots of insults, remember?"

I threw a wink over my shoulder, then followed Olly down the stairs.

"I can't." I heard him give up behind me, then follow us down.

I was sporting a smirk and even though I couldn't see her face, I was sure Olly was sporting one as well.

"Hey." I flashed Trevor a quick smile as our trio settled down.

He was the only familiar face in the basement.

"We're playing truth or dare," Olly said brightly, making me wonder just how many drinks she'd had. "Join us."

My eyes narrowed in suspicion.

As far I knew she didn't like truth or dare and yet, here she was, nappily asking us to join. She didn't seem drunk in the kitchen. Not even tipsy.

That left only one option.

"What's in it for you?" I questioned.

"You join and I get to sit out. That's why I went upstairs. To find someone to take my place." She then leaned into me and whispered, a light shudder running down her back, "That guy has being giving me looks."

My eyes hardened as I looked the guy over.

He was brawny, pierced, and, at the moment, leering at both of us in a way that made my skin crawl. Something about him just screamed predator.