32 - Wonder Woman and Sleeping Beauty

I was the first one up. As always. To be honest though, I didn't get much sleep to begin with.

After arranging for Ian to sleep on the floor, my mind couldn't stay quiet. It was running a mile a minute thinking, overthinking and rethinking everything he had revealed. I wouldn't have minded if my body wasn't so exhausted it was practically begging for sleep. With complete disregard for how tired my body felt, my brain kept churning. Of course when I finally managed to quiet my brain and get sleep on the agenda, my dad chose to show up. And to top it off, he chose to come in through the back door like an intruder. Between worrying that he'd find Ian in my room and a very realistic fear that it wasn't even him at all but rather one of the people Ian was running from, sleep pretty much flew out the window.

It wasn't till sometime around 5am that I was finally able to drift off.

I had breakfast ready and was halfway through the dirty dishes when Olly ventured downstairs, yawning loudly.

"Sleep well?" I asked, my tone green with envy as I slid a plate of eggs and bacon over to her.

I shouldn't have bothered making breakfast. She didn't deserve a proper one.

She grunted an unintelligible sound.

She wasn't by any stretch of imagination an early riser and if she was expected to wake up early and make conversation, it had to be after a hearty meal.

She devoured the contents of her plate while I worked through the rest of the dishes.

"Hey, can I borrow that your black skirt? You know, the pleated one. I want to wear it with my new boots."

"Hmmm," I agreed absently, wiping my hands dry.

We borrowed stuff from each a lot though she borrowed from me a lot more than I did from her. Most times, she couldn't even be bothered to tell me. My closet was always organized and she knew my system so it was easy for her to take things whenever she wanted. I was used to her just barging into my room and taking what she wanted--

My eyes widened in horror as my thought process slammed to a stop.

I had something to hide in my room.

"Olly! Wait!" I screamed, flying after her.

She was halfway up the stairs when I caught up.

"What?" She wasn't amused.

"I'll get it," I said as calmly as I could while panting like a seventy year old with tuberculosis.

She eyed me suspiciously.

I pasted a smile on my face.

"Whatever." She shrugged, continuing up the stairs. "I need to take my bath anyway. Bring it to the bathroom."

I kept the smile on my face until she entered her room.

I allowed myself a sigh of relief.

That was too close. How could I forget I was harbouring Ian in my room?

I slapped my hand across my forehead, mentally chiding myself to do better.

I huffed, then sped off to my room.

Ia was still sprawled at the foot of my bed, faintly snoring.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes to the heavens before I, not so gently, woke the sleeping idiot up. One would think he'd be awake by now given the circumstances but no, the idiot was not only sleeping in at an unsafe person's house but had actually slept through both my alarm and my not so quiet morning rituals -taking my bath, packing my bag, laying out my clothes-.