28.

**Jayce's Pov.**

Nathan hadn't budged since I moved back from him just a moment ago.
And what made it worse was the fact that Magna was actually trying to step in to make Nathan actually leave.
This was just like living in that hell all over again.
And if Nathan would actually listen to me talk for once and not only care about himself.
Maybe he'd know that hitting  and belittling me actually hurt a fucking lot.
I'm not saying I'd choose this guy who's tried to kill me three times with no collection over him.
But I am saying.
I'm this close to wanting to slam the door in his face for acting like a huge dick to me.

"Jayce-"
"I'll talk to him alone like he suggested." I avoided eye contact saying this because if I looked at him right now, I probably would start to cry.
I know I looked pathetic.
Probably even disappointing to him.
But even vampires have scars that don't heal.

"Okay." His words fell flat and he walked out of the room without giving me a chance to add anything else to that statement.
I was angry.
Humiliated and sad.

My eyes fell over to Magna who stepped away from me and walked over to the bed taking a seat as he frowned.

"I want to say I'm sorry and I know that's probably not even close to enough to what I've done while out of it." He started with a shrug looking towards the window.
"I keep getting reminded how I hurt this kid named Jayce over and over since I woke up, and honestly it doesn't sound like something I would do." He rubbed the side of his neck frowning.
"I don't want to keep using the same excuse over and over that I had no control over what I was doing but I really am sorry." His eyes were on me now and I frowned deeply at the other.

"I don't know why I targeted you in particular, I'm not sure why I kept trying to kill you but when you walked in just a moment ago, I really was lost. You're just a kid who looks like he's carrying a large boulder over his shoulders." Magna went silent and I refused to make a sound, I just wanted to hear him talk and to explain.
Maybe it would cool me down and I could try to understand him better than before.
Because that's what he was trying to do right now.

"But I want you to know what I did is unacceptable and I'm going to try to win your trust as a friend because you're Nathan's mate." He got up and smirked at the scowl on my face not even wanting to think about Nathan right now.

"I want to understand why that part of me kept going after you the way I had, I want to understand not just you but that Devyn kid and Adrian, you each seem pretty important to the three I grew up with in Italy and I want to win your respect as the real Magna and not the fake who was trying to ruin everyone's lives." He explained and my brows were knitted.

"This isn't fair." I glared walking past the other over the bed taking a seat.
"What isn't?" Magna frowned and I looked at him tears burning my eyes as I glared.

"You, how the hell am I supposed to be angry at you when you sound so damn genuine with what you're feeding me right now? I mean how the hell do you get to try to kill me three times, attempt to kill both Nick and my best friend but you're standing right there sounding so real!" I got to my feet as the tears begged fall.

"From the day I was born I was forced to hide as a vampire." I hissed and his expression fell.
"I didn't-"
"And I did a great job pleasing the family who abused the fuck out of me, who kicked me when I was down as long as their precious image wasn't tarnished knowing they adopted some found by the dumpster child! I was fine being abused, humiliated but then Adrian and Devyn started getting more involved with Abel and Maverick," I had my hands on my face as I stood there beet red.
"I was careless and my secret was found out by the guy I call my mate who won't even hear me talk!" I dropped my hands staring at the ground.
"I exposed myself that same night but Rowen erased Adrian's and Devyn's memories to forget all about that night, but not even two days later. Your evil ego pops up and tries to kill Adrian." I looked at him with knitted brows and my breath hitched at how sad he actually looked listening to me.

"I tried to save Adrian but only got my ass handed to me, you really tried to kill me that night." I laughed it off from the nerves that were catching up to me.
"And from that point forward, I was known as the pathetic vampire who smelled more human than what he really was." I sat back down and the tears fell.

"I thought I was going to be free to be myself but that wasn't even possible, you kept appearing and ruining everything for the three of us. I mean Devyn lost his mom and brother and we all figured you were behind it, but not even that was the case. That Cepheus person was on his own and has a bunch of vampires going around killing people." I gripped the sheets of the bed frowning deeply.

"Everything is telling me to hate you, to scream at you." I smiled softly.
"But maybe it's because I'm so fucking tired of hating and screaming at people, that doing just that won't feel enough to me." My eyes were on my lap before Magna walked over and knelt down in front of me frowning.

"I want you to hit me." He told me and my brows knitted.
"What?"
Magna frowned.
"I caused you a lot of grief Jayce and I want to atone for it by you hitting me as hard as you can, I want you to." He told me and my face flushed as the tears swelled.

"No-"
"Why? You walked in earlier and you seemed like that's all you wanted to do was hit me-"
"That was actually me wanting to hit Nathan for being a total dick before we came into the room," I looked away frowning deeply.
"I won't hit you-"

"I tried to kill you three times Jayce, how can you not want to hit me-"
"BECAUSE IF I DO I'LL BE REMINDED OF THAT HELL!" I screamed now as the tears fell and my body trembled the moment the door swung open and Nathan's eyes were black.

"That's enough." He walked right up to me and pulled me off the bed and everything burned.
"Nate-"

"You're hurting him." Magna's tone was cold and the tears that were stuck fell as I blinked noticing the grip Nathan had on my wrist.
Nathan frowned deeply at the other.
"Am I hurting you, Jayce?" He asked and I flinched before shaking my head.
"No.. I'm fine.." I blushed walking past Magna and was lead out of the room by Nathan who slammed the door which only rattled the pictures in the hallway.

The whole way to the room my eyes were on the ground.
Everything hurt and his grip on my wrist was burning the more I made eye contact with him holding me as tight as he was.
I knew he was angry.
I gave him every right to be.

We walked into the room and Nathan wouldn't even face me.
"Strip." He instructed and my face flushed bed.
"Nate-"
"I said strip, Jason." Nathan turned to me his eyes black and I stepped back which only made the other growl.

"God damn it!" He threw the nearest thing closest to him which just happened to be the empty vase into the wall that shattered into a million pieces.

"Why are you acting like a terrified child all of a sudden?!" He demanded storming up to me and the tears returned.
"You don't think you're giving me a reason to be?! You just smashed that vase!"
"You're cowering, we're mates Jayce, you're not supposed to cower like.." His eyes returned to brown and his eyes searched mine.
"You're terrified of me." He frowned and the moment he reached for me I flinched as the tears fell.

"You never listen to me." I cried looking at the carpet.
"You only want to hear yourself talk or talk about yourself, you never once asked if I had any triggers or emotional scars. You want to be this dominant bad ass and I get that, but I have limits and so far all you've done is sky rocketed them." I glared softly at the carpet.
"I really don't think you give two fucks about me Nathan, I really don't." I looked at him and tears only swelled at his frustrated expression looking down at me.

"You don't think I give a fuck about you?" He asked and I frowned but let out a surprised gasp being shoved backwards onto the bed and just as I went to push myself backwards away from him.
He caught my wrists and pinned me down.
"Did you forget I marked you?" He pulled my shorts down and my face flushed red.
"If I didn't care about you I wouldn't of marked you!"
"Then fucking act like you care!" I screamed at him as my body trembled.

"I agreed to be marked because I trusted you, I felt like we could work as a couple, as mates but you're making me regret it because all we ever do is fight and fuck." I cried harder turning over on my side as I tried not to sob anymore than I was.
But I hated this.
I hated everything about it.

"I still have emotions and all you're doing is flushing them because you hate me wanting you to be open, you hate me being emotional and you hate when I fight back." I cried into the sheets.
"But if I don't put up a fight, I'm just a pathetic ass vampires." My head was pounding before I was pulled back over on my back and Nathan's lips were on mine.
It burned.

"I don't want to have sex." I cried and he frowned at me.
"We're not having sex, I haven't said one thing about sex since we walked into the room. I told you to strip because I wanted to see your scars." He told me and my face flushed red as the tears slipped by.
He studied me and his expression was unreadable.

"I heard everything you said in that room and I want you to talk to me, if you still don't think we'll last as mates, I'll see about the mark being removed." He told me and my emotions were all over the place as I let out a pained sob.
"Why are you crying so much?" Nathan asked me and I just shrugged hiding my face.

"Jesus you're such a mess." He pulled my hands.
"No, stop." I cried but froze feeling his lips on both sides of my cheeks, he used his hand to brush my bangs back as he kissed me again.
"I'm bad at expressing myself and you do it too much that it pisses me off." He took my hands and kissed my wrists as my eyes burned.
"I'm sorry for being this shitty ass mate who apparently went over board, I'll try to be better but I can't promise." He told me and my face was burning looking at him.

"Show me your scars, Jayce." He told me in a softer voice and I relaxed sitting up and my eyes fell on my body feeling more insecure as I removed my shirt and shorts.

And suddenly they were more visible as I stared at all of the reminders on how my old family treated me.
Mainly her.
The person I called mom who should of never been given a chance to be a mom.
And I know that was cruel to say.
But she was cruel.

"What's this one from?" I heard Nathan suddenly question and his eyes were on my thigh where a lot of burn marks were and I frowned deeply.
"Maria." I told him and he made a face.
"My adoptive mom, she smoked a lot and any time she was in a bad mood she'd hold me down and burn me with the butt ends of the cigarette's she never finished." I told him and he frowned deeply at that.
"She'd tell me that I couldn't feel it because I was already dead." I laughed shaking my head.
"I screamed and begged for her to stop but she'd only hit me and to tell me to bare with it." I balled my hands into fists and Nathan frowned taking that in and he went quiet for a moment.

"What about that one?" His were were on my wrist and I frowned.
"I tried killing myself that one was on me, but I didn't know at the time a vampire had to be staked in the heart or in some cases, hearts." I frowned deeply thinking about Nick who apparently has two.
As far as I knew.
Nathan ran a hand through his hair before pulling me into him where I was leaning against his chest and his hands were in my lap holding mine.

His chin rested on top of my head.
"I have a temper it's obvious and as far as abuse goes, I get angry but I wouldn't burn you, well maybe in a sexual way." He teased kissing the top of my head.
"But I wouldn't push you into suicide, I know we're off to a rather rocky start but I haven't exactly dated in a while and honestly? I've been angry for some time now and I tend to blow off steam in the worse way possible." He squeezed my hands.

"I'm only going to say this once so you better listen." He told me and I tried not to smirk as he sat there for a moment.
"I'm sorry for being this huge bastard that treated you like absolute dog shit, you're my little mate and I should treat you like my mate, not my punching bag. I regret spanking you earlier but you actually deserved it, plus being spanked turns you on-"
"You're falling off subject-"
"Right, my bad." Nathan smirked.
"But I want you to know I am going to try to be better for you, all I ask is for you to be patient and not to give up on me, because I already know I'm bound to fuck this up." He told me.

I sighed turning around and pushing him down as I straddled the others hips looking down at the other.
"You fuck up every day but I've stuck with you because I know you can change for the better, maybe not right now but eventually." I took his hands and placed them on my hips as I leaned in and kissed the other, smirking at the feeling of his hands on my ass now.
"All I ask from you is to be less violent and aggressive with me, when you get loud, I want to get louder to try to suppress my emotions. So if you want to get violent, buy a punching bag or scream into a pillow. But don't hit me." I told him as his hands slid into my shorts.

"Nate-"
"What? I'm listening." He grinned wickedly and I only sighed.
"What did I just say?"
"If I want to get violent find Abel and body slam him."
"That's not what I said and you know it!" I grinned squeaking as he tossed me back over onto the bed, his hands holding me and he stared down at me.

"I don't want to lose you Jayce, as much as you piss me off, I'm actually finally able to tolerate you." He told me and I arched a brow.
"Really? Because I'm trying pretty hard to tolerate you myself, you're a handful." I told him and he only smirked in response.
"We'll make it work, somehow. Whether it's your hands around my throat or mine around yours, at least we'll have our hands on each other." He shrugged and I rolled my eyes.
"Did you mean for that to sound romantic because it sucked." I told him and he blinked.
"Speaking of sucked, wanna suck-"

"No." I shoved him off but laughed feeling his hands on my waist.
"Nate-"
"That actually sounded nice." He told me and I blinked.
"What did?" I frowned and he smiled softly only earning a blush from me.
"What?" I glared.

"You laughing, it sounded cute." He said now and I stared.
"You being honest is gross." I complained but yelped being pulled down and his lips were on mine.
"If being gross makes you stay with me I guess I have to try to be more open with my emotions and words, my little vampire." He told me kissing my neck and I tried not to moan.
But damn.
He got me.
Because it felt good.

And the words that echoed in my head felt like they'd be on repeat for days.

"My Little Vampire.."