14.

**Adrian's Pov.**

"You wanted to talk to me?" My eyes were on Abel as he lead me out of the room where Jayce had been sleeping, it's been two days since I woke up and he seemed like talking now was pretty important.
He was quiet and it was bothering me.
"Abel-"
"Just," he looked to me and took my hand before leading me into a room that had an open balcony attached to it.
"I want you to try to be open minded like you always are." He told me and walked us over to the balcony.
I inhaled but nodded.
"Okay, what is it?" I asked him as the wind rushed past us standing there.

Abel looked at me.
"I don't want to keep it a secret from you, if we're going to remain dating, you need to know. Everything, who I am and what I've done." He said and I swallowed frowning.
"Okay." I said slowly.
"We have time so tell me." I told him and he seemed hesitant.
He looked away for a moment frowning.
He really didn't want to tell me.
That much was obvious.
But still.
Deep down I knew he wanted me to know.

"As you know, vampires exist." He said slowly and I tried not to smile about this fact.
"I do." He frowned at me.
"And I'm sure the one who attacked you three the other night confirmed some things, like-"
"Like you being a vampire?" I asked him and his brows knitted.
I looked at him before leaning against the railing.
"Abel, I'm not mad at you for keeping this a secret. It's serious and could put your family at risk, sure it's crazy to know I'm dating a vampire but I would never turn on you in a way that could risk your life. You guys are supposed to be nonexistent. And I understand that." I stood up and walked over to the other who seemed like he was battling his thoughts over this.

"Abel, look at me." I told him now and his eyes somehow found mine through the sadness and anger that was rising in his expression.
"I've killed people Adrian, I've been the reason why a lot of innocent vampires, humans even. Have lost their lives-"
"You won't scare me away with the past Abel," I looked at him frowning.
"You're a vampire who had to survive, I won't judge you for that-"
"Can't you just be a little angry about this? Adrian, I have taken lives from people! I destroyed families and-"

"And that isn't who you are anymore!" I yelled at him now glaring and he looked dumbstruck that I could raise my voice.
"You're not that person, you're someone different. I didn't know you in the past but I know you today and I know there's a difference in the person you see yourself as." I took his hand and was relieved he didn't pull away.
"I'll be honest with you," I brushed my thumb across his hand frowning.
"I was scared at first when that person confirmed you were a vampire, I thought of how easy you could kill me if I said the wrong thing-"
"I would never-"
"Or was in the wrong place at the wrong time and you couldn't forgive what I seen." I let out a shaky breath.
"But all those thoughts were racing through my mind when I was pretty much dying, so of course I'm a negative thinker when I'm dying." I tried to laugh but it sounded a lot sadder than I wanted it to.

"I'm not going to run away from you Abel, I'm staying here and I will continue to enjoy seeing you and being by your side, as long as you'll let me at least." I shrugged and his brows were knitted.
He looked like he was going to cry standing in front me.
"Adrian, I won't forgive myself if something like this happens to you again. The human life is a lot more fragile than you know and-"
"If it comes down to the point where I'm fixing to die and you know you can save me, I want to turn." I looked at him and he froze.
"You want.. to become a vampire?"
"Only if I'm at deaths door." I told him.
"I don't think my mom and siblings would be able to handle knowing their son and younger brother was a vampire, think of the risk that'd put you guys under." I smiled softly looking at him.

Abel looked at me before bringing me into a deep embrace, he held me there as my face grew warm.
"Where have you been all this time?" He asked me finally smiling and I smiled back looking at him.
"Just living life at a hell school that's no longer hell, honestly knowing that vampires exist makes more sense on the fact the whole school forgot me and Octavian ever dated, I guess I have you to thank for that?" I smiled and he looked at me.
"That was actually Nick and a few others doing." He told me and I blinked.
"Oh."
He smirked.
"I'll take the credit though." He shrugged and I grinned.
"Uh huh of course you would." I looked at our hands before leaning up and kissing his cheek that lead to his lips.

"You're stuck with me." I smiled.

*One day later.*

"So Jayce is moving in with Abel and the others, somehow I'm finding myself to be jealous." I stated inside the bedroom that we had been resting in.
Devyn glanced to me.
"You're jealous?" He asked me trying not to smirk as I glanced to him.
"I mean yeah? He's fixing to be living in a house full of vampires, our boyfriends home. If I had a bad relationship with my mom and siblings, I'd ask to move in too." I smirked and Devyn rolled his eyes.
"Yeah well you don't, in a few days we'll return to school and try to keep it as normal as possible with what we know." He took a seat on the bed and I looked to him.

"Well how are you and Maverick doing with you knowing you're dating a vampire?" I asked him.
Devyn blinked before his cheeks gained color.
"After some thinking and talking about it, we're going to keep seeing each other which it's still weird knowing I'm dating a vampire. How are you so calm about this?" He asked me and I shrugged.
"I'm still having to ask myself that but I'm still keeping myself calm, I won't chance exposing Abel and them like that." I thought about it for a moment.
"I think if I were to chance it, I'd tell them to turn or kill me-"

"That's a bit much." I looked to the door where Jayce was.
He looked hesitant about joining us in the room but I moved over on the side of my bed for him to join us.
"I don't want to expose you." I shrugged and Jayce made a face.
"Give your own life some value Adrian, yeah we're vampires, but you should also want to live just a little more than you're giving yourself credit on not wanting to." He said.
I blushed.
"I do want to live-"
"Then act like it." Jayce smirked softly.
"You're making it sound like vampires are God's or something, we're just people who no longer breathe and drink blood." He said and I looked at him.

"How-"
"What does it feel like?" Devyn cut me off with an apologetic expression looking at Jayce who blinked but then frowned.
"I don't know, I know vampires enjoy it but for a human? I feel like it'll hurt them, that's one main reason I've managed to stray from drinking blood. I don't want to hurt anyone." He frowned.
I frowned now.
"Jayce you have to-"
"I know that." He glared softly at the floor frowning deeply.
"I'm just scared I'll lose control and actually kill that person, we don't drink to kill, we do it just to survive for a few days-"

"Use me then." I found myself saying and Jayce's eyes grew wide as did Devyn's.
"Are you stupid?" Devyn glared.
"Wait don't answer that, you are fucking stupid." He hissed and I frowned at him.
"I trust Jayce-"
"Too easily! He could lose control and actually hurt you." Devyn glared.
"He's right." Jayce's brows were knitted.
"I've never tasted blood before or well someone's opposite of mine and I feel like I'll lose control." He told me and I thought about it.

"Are you thirsty?" I asked him and Devyn looked like he was ready to smack me.
Jayce's brows were knitted.
"Adrian-"
"Jayce you have to be hurting and I want to help you, you won't meet another human willing to give you their blood like I am, but you're my best friend and I trust you." I told him.
Devyn was pinching the bridge of his nose.
"This is insane, I'm getting Abel in here to talk some sense into you." He got up and walked out of the room.

I looked at Jayce who looked like he was battling his thoughts about my insane suggestion.
I removed my shirt and Jayce's eyes fell on me.
But not just on me, on my neck.
Where that guy had bit me from the night before.
I looked at the other before pulling the bandage off with a hiss.

"I trust you." I told him and he got to his feet.
I felt my chest squeezing tight as he looked at my neck and I wasn't scared until his blue eyes turned black and the same veins that appeared under Abel's eyes, were under his.
I wouldn't back out of this after offering my blood to him.
I knew he needed it.
He would die if he kept going without the nutrition's he needed.

"I'm sorry." He told me and pain shot up my neck and shoulder when his fangs pierced my neck and everything grew incredibly warm.
I was feeling light headed as he dug in deeper and suddenly the pain grew worse.
"J-Jayce." I wanted to shove him off but his nails were digging into the sides of my arms as if to keep me still from moving.
"Jayce." I hissed.

"Alright, that's enough of that." I cried out in pain as Jayce was ripped from me.
Blood hit the wooded floor and sheets as I sat there while looking at Jayce who was panting standing right in front of me, like I wasn't his best friend but his meal.

I didn't really know him but Abel and Maverick both seemed to be against us getting to know this guy.
I think his name was Nathan or something like that.
He had the back of Jayce's shirt in a tight grip as if prepared to toss him into something in case he tried to break free from the other.
"You good?" He asked me and there was no life in his eyes as I frowned before grabbing my shirt and putting it to my neck.
"I am." I said tightly looking at Jayce who had gone mute.

"Then I'll be taking him." He said and I got to my feet.
"He didn't attack me! I told him to drink from me and-"
"That's nice and all but I really didn't ask," his brow was arched looking at me.
"We have some things to go over with him dealing with living arrangements, he could of drank you dry and I would of turned a blind eye  because I don't care." He told me as I stood there glaring now.
"You know you don't have to be a total ass-"
"No I do." Nathan smirked at me.
"Because if I don't," he pressed his thumb, index and middle finger together repeatedly.
"This will keep happening." He said walking out of the room.
Leaving me there blushing like an idiot.

**Jayce's Pov.**

"Let go!" I growled as Nathan shoved me forward.
"What? Now that you have your first taste of blood you think you can tell me what to do?" He smirked behind me as I glared in response.
"I never said that so don't put shit in my mouth I didn't ever say." I hissed but let out a surprised gasp feeling my legs giving in under me from not realizing I had tripped from walking fast to try to get away from this bastard.

The pain throbbed in my knees as I knelt there.
"Nothing is broken, get up." He told me and my face burned.
"Fuck off I can find Zendaya on my own." I spat but yelped being ripped off the floor and dragged in the opposite direction we were walking before being forced into a room.

"Alright you brat with the bad temper, I've had it up to here with you talking to me like you've been alive a lot longer than I have." Nathan snarled and I glared harshly.
"I can't help that you piss me off! From the first day I met you, you've pissed me off. Cornering me in a bathroom like a real jerk, threatening to expose me. Trying to get yourself laid by making some lame ass deal, I may be young but I have standards and you meet none of them because all you are is a total asshole!" I yelled but gasped being slammed into the bed as he hovered over me.

"I'm an asshole huh? Well I have to keep that image somehow." He smirked.
"It's not attractive it actually makes you ugly." I informed the other and his hands slid up my shirt earning a shiver.
"Get off." I growled but he ignored me.
"Get off!" I yelled but he grabbed my face looking right at me.
"You can bitch and demand all you want but that hard on in your pants is real hard to miss right now, you really wanna walk out there on the first day of living here? You'll make them uncomfortable." He smirked and my face burned.
"So tell me, you feisty little shit, what has this guy down here so excited?" He asked removing his shirt with an arched brow and this was seriously not the time to be attracted to how hot he really was.

"Probably the first taste of blood." I shrugged hoping to turn him off but it only made him grin in response.
"That's weird as fuck but no surprise." His lips pressed to my neck and it felt like I was being pierced with tiny needles.
"I don't want this." I told him and he stopped for a moment.
"No?" He asked and I glared as my face burned looking at him.
"Taking advantage of someone because they're new to being a vampire is low even if you're older, you should have more respect for-"
"Alright shut the fuck up you're bumming me out, let's do less talking and more silence because you're more attractive when you don't talk so much." He told me and I went to get up but he only shoved me back down.

"Stop fighting me-"
"Oh so I'm supposed to just let you have your way and don't say anything? You know that's called fucking rape because I already said no." I spat.
Nathan stared at me before rolling his eyes.
"Okay." He got off me and grabbed his shirt.
I watched him frowning.

"You are probably the most whiniest vampire I've ever fucking met, you know you wanted to do it, but you want to think more instead of just going with the flow. Being like that will keep you remained as a virgin until you ash away." He put the shirt back on and I glared harshly at him.

"There's a difference between asking someone to have sex with you rather than forcing them into it, I get you have this whole dominant vibe going on, but I'm not going to let you fuck me just because you need something to put your dick in. You have two hands, use those." I got off the bed walking towards the door.
"For a moment I thought I could tolerate the idea of living here, but you may be the reason I leave." I stopped at the door.

"That's how selfish you are to me, all you care about is how you feel in the end, you didn't stop to ask-"
"Will you have sex with me?"
I stared at the door as my brows knitted.
I turned around to him standing there with his hands in his pockets looking right at me.
"You honestly think asking me now after chewing you out is going to change my mind?" I asked and I hated how excited I felt when he stepped towards me.

"You're the one barking at me to ask, here I am, asking you." He told me with a smirk and suddenly I felt embarrassed.
Was this guy an idiot or that much of an asshole that not even he could notice?

"No." I said slowly watching his expression change.
I grabbed the door before looking my shoulder to him smirking softly.
"I have some new guardians to talk to about living here, maybe later." I told him and his eyes grew wide.

Being a tease to this guy.
Just might be the death of me.
But.
In a good way.
Just hopefully.

I don't regret this.