Chapter 10: Betrayer

The morning after the fight, you are still thinking of what happened last night. The men are quite mad at how the villagers humiliated them and those villagers are easy to break like twigs if they don't have guns. They are so pissed about that matter that they can't be calm down.

While they're still talking, you readied the meal absentmindedly.

"Y/n-chan, are you okay?" Gen asked you.

You nodded as you forced a laugh. As you serve the breakfast, you noticed that Homura is still not there.

"Ano, what about Homura-san? Did she eat breakfast yet?" You asked them. Hyouga responded to your question.

"She will eat later. She has work to do, so she woke up early,"

What work? And why is she working early? 

You thought as you nodded to Hyouga since now you know why Homura isn't around.

"How about we attacked during a storm," Gen said, continuing their topic before. The men paid attention to what Gen said.

"When there's a storm, their matchlock guns can't be used because of strong winds," Gen added.

You are surprised of what Gen just said. Deep down, you know that Gen's not part of Tsukasa's empire anymore.

Then why is he helping his enemies when his comrades are mostly be in danger.

You thought as you collect their plates. You remained emotionless as you think about the situation.

The men quickly agreed to Gen's plan as they talked about waiting when will be the next storm will come.

"Setting aside your dead-brain opinions about how humiliated we are, going on the day of a storm seems so obvious that we may be marching to our deaths," Hyouga butted in as he talked uninterestedly.

Ohh, that's a bit harsh

You thought while finishing your work and sat down on a boulder. You never join their conversation as you saw that they never needed your opinion.

One of the men has a violent reaction as he looked at Hyouga.

"Now that we know Senku-kun is alive, the tables have turned 180 degrees. Let's be proper about this. We must return immediately and build a large army with Tsukasa-kun," Hyouga suddenly talked seriously.

"Are you scared, Hyouga-san?" one of the men said mockingly.

"You're a hopeless little twig without your weapon... Your kudayari or whatever you call it!" the man added as his blood got into his head and talked without thinking.

"Kudayari? This thing with the bamboo tube? I've never seen one before," Gen asked. You saw Gen touched Hyouga's weapon, inspecting might be.

"I wouldn't touch it if I were you," Hyouga warned Gen.

"... Unless you want me to kill you," Hyouga added with a dangerous voice.

"E-ekk! Gomen, Hyouga-chan!" Gen said while he jumped away, surprised.

Yikes, his words scream danger for me.

You said to yourself as you think about your actions last night towards Hyouga. You gulped as you remember how you grazed his neck.

That was really dangerous. I wonder where did my confidence from last night go now. Huhuhu, I will never forget how scary that was, thinking I might be dead right now.

You thought as you grimaced at how scary what happened last night.

"We attack as soon as the storm hits!" the man who's more burly than others exclaimed, not minding what Hyouga said.