Chapter 16: Entertainment..?

"Y/n-san, please wake u--" the guard couldn't finish what he wanted to say when he saw you being prepared to go together with the girls to the river. You just nodded to let him know that he can restrain your hands now. He's still surprised but immediately restrains your wrist. He's one of the new soldiers who is guarding the prison. Fortunately, they're respectful to me for some reason.

It's been months after the spar that you won. During that time, Yuzuriha visited a couple of times just to see you. You couldn't talk to her and can only smile. Your sister can only nod while smiling but has tears in her eyes. It is actually hard not to cry as well but you held it in so your sister can be reassured that you're doing fine.

Now, it's nearly spring. The view is very beautiful. A harmony of pinkish buds and green leaves is swaying together along with the cold wind since winter is still around the corner. After the usual walk with Nikki leading you towards the river, she suddenly turns in the opposite direction. You stopped at walking knowing her actions are as suspicious as it gets. It seems like Nikki noticed that you didn't follow her tracks, she looks back and starts to explain what is happening.

"Y/n-san, it seems like the guards forgot to inform you that today's place would be different since the girls and the cooking department have harvested quite a good amount of a seasonal plant near the falls where it could be used for cooking and bathing sanitary," she said as she continued to walk towards the falls. You immediately knew that the falls is near since the hard gushing of the falling water is quite loud to your ears.

You just nodded as you understand the context. After a few minutes, you finally saw the huge falls making you shiver as imagining the impact of the water pressure could break your bones.

Seems like meditating in these huge falls is definitely a no-no. 

"Ah right, here's the plant I've been talking about. It is used for washing your hair. And yes, Tsukasa-san said that since today is special, you can take your time till noon. I'll be coming till later," she said as she give me a reddish plant that looks slimy like an aloe vera gel but it is more like a fluid version and she walks away leaving you alone.

You took your time looking around as you've never been there before. The sun is up yet the breeze is lukewarm, cold but not that cold. You're not under the sunlight unless you go around swimming near the falls since the sun is covered by a huge stone, more like a cliff beside the rushing water.

You slowly dipped your bare feet to the shallow part to feel how cold the water is. And that's how you started to regret dipping both feet when cold-- no, coldest water seeps in making you just standstill.

After a few seconds just standing there, you adjusted to the water temperature and starts to swim. This day seems like more on playing than washing yourself but nothing matters when it is fun. After trying the plant they're talking about to finish the bathing, your hair feels so smooth and bouncy that maybe you could be an endorser of a shampoo company in the modern time. Doing all of this and that to finish the playing and bathing, you suddenly realized that you have no spare clothes ready. Walking back to the place you first arrived in, there's a small towel to dry off and spare clothes to wear.

After drying off, you just sit there watching nature peacefully waiting for Nikki to come back. Humming an anisong (any anime song you want ฅ۶•ﻌ•♡) while stomping your feet for a beat but it got cut off by a scream.

Eh? What is that?

You thought to yourself as you look around then another scream could be heard.

"THEN DROP ME DOWN ALREADY, DAMN IT!!"

You glanced upward as you saw a boy with furry or cottony clothes and a string headband hanging by a bamboo stick. You are still confused as you saw the boy flailing around starting to slip off the bamboo stick.

You bet you panicked quite hysterically as you saw how high the distance he could fall to then got stuck on a huge trunk by an arrow pinning his clothes.

"Man, what kind of a way to start my day," you don't know if it is alright to be impressed by the show you've witnessed or be terrified of yourself as you saw the situation as an entertainment.

Maybe they're doing a skit?

-------

It is past noon, you eat silently on your cell when someone keeps on banging the cell further to your right. The stone clashing together, a stone scraping a plank of wood, or even high-pitched screaming is heard. At first, it is quite durable but it is starting to get annoying. Since the guards are quite far as they know that you don't have any intention to escape, you talked to the source of the noises you've been hearing.

"Hey, what are you doing? It is starting to get annoying just so you know," quite grumpy, you said. You cleared your throat as you are not used to talking to someone else beside yourself for the past months. 

"..Uh yes, sorry bout that. Wait-- I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO GOT JAILED! THAT'S CRAZY!"

"Wow, that's a loudmouth you got there. You must have been screaming since childhood. Don't shout okay? I'm not supposed to talk to someone," you said quite irritated now.

"Sorry again," he said as he scratched the back of his head. He looks dejected after moments have passed.

"..What's your name?" you asked to break the uncomfortable silence.

"Chrome,"

"No surname?"

"What's a surname? Is it a second name?"

"In a way, yes."

"Well then, none.. Yours?"

"L/n Y/n," you answered quietly but it seems that he heard that loud and clear as he squeak a bit.

"YABEEEEE!" he shouted in a whisper tone.

You looked at him confused at his sparkling eyes as he starts huffing like an excited fanboy.

"Y/n-san! I'm Chrome from the Ishigami Village! I'm a fellow scientist of Senku!" he exclaimed making you widen your eyes what the boy said.

-----------------
Note:

Heyyyyyy! thanks for waiting for a couple of months. I admit that I neglected this book for months. Gomen. 口丁乙. So here's a chapter in a very long time. Thanks for commenting and all <3 . I will also update but it will be irregular since my eyesight is going for the worst. I hope you understand.

Lovelots, ADtabs ヾ(✿゚▽゚)ノ