Chapter 8: The Favor II

On the Kingdom of Science's side--- (Minutes after Gen left Hyouga's gang)

It's been half of an hour since the second battle begins. The citizens are worried about where was Kohaku, the lioness of the kingdom since she's the only hope of the Kingdom of Science to defeat Magma.

But before Kohaku arrived, Magma planned everything. He instructed Mantle that the second battle with Chrome must end quickly. So that the third round, which Kohaku would be part of, will be decided that the other challenger won since she cannot play a part. And true to that, she couldn't make it back in time which making Senku, her enemy for the third round, won the match.

Kohaku arrived seconds after announcing that the third round was decided. She barely missed it. Suika ran towards the lioness with tears in her eyes and begins to muffle a couple of 'I'm sorry'.

"Thank goodness. I'm so glad he was lying. All that matters is that you didn't drown."  Kohaku sighed in relief as she hugged the little girl. The little girl apologized for making her lose the match.

"It isn't your fault in the slightest," Kohaku added as she comforts the little girl. After the crying session, the little girl wiped her tears and faced everyone especially Senku.

"I didn't drown because Mantle tied me up in a tree. Someone helped me so I can come back here sooner," Suika said.

Someone? Who?

The Kingdom of Science thought after they heard the girl. Senku just looked at Suika with a serious look.

"Actually she has something for me to tell you," she said with determination in her eyes.

She? A woman?

Everyone except for Senku thought as they looked at Suika with a puzzled look.

"What was her message, Suika?" Senku asked the little girl as he knelt to match her height.

"It goes like this, 'It's been a while, isn't it Senku-nii?' " the little girl paused for a while to gather her thoughts about the message.

But after Senku heard the first sentence, he already knew who sent the message making his lips tugged into a smirk and laughed a little. Since Ginro wasn't there because his match was on and Kinro was resting, Old man Kaseki, Chrome, and Kohaku looked at Senku's sudden change of mood. From the disappointed look earlier, since their best shot to defeat Magma just lost, to a mocking laugh that made everyone creeped out a little.

"Yes, it's been a very long while," he replied to the air since he is replying to no one.

"You know who sent the message, Senku? Is it Yuzuriha and Taiju?" Kohaku asked since she's a little intrigued on what's happening.

"Nope, its not. Why don't we hear the rest of it? You remember now, Suika?" Senku suggested.

"Hai, she said: As you've known by now, you and the Kingdom is in a pinch. They're coming, Senku-nii. The Emperor sent them to scout but don't worry, I've made a plan for you to have the upperhand for now. I can't lend you a hand directly since I haven't decided on joining your Kingdom yet. I also considered myself as one of  the people of the Empire since they grew on me, but I can't just let the two faction fight without talking or negotiating. I'll be on the neutral side. See you soonest. I'll be betting  a hundred billion points to that. That's all I think." Suika said while panting a little for saying the message.

Senku and the others fell silent, comprehending the message they've received.

"Pinch? Scout? Plan?" Kohaku said after thinking what was happening.