Chapter Three

s.

"You looked really hot on that stage, babe" Some blonde haired guy says, sidling up next to me as I'm headed back to my room. Since the assembly I've been walking around campus, getting to know my new surroundings. I was just on the way back to my room since this morning, a cup of soup in hand.

"Did I?" I ask, stopping in my tracks and fully turning towards him. He was hot, I'd give him that. Tall and muscular, with a blandly handsome face that had nothing in particular to take note of.

"I'm Grayson, but everyone calls me Gray, though" he announces quickly as if I'd asked.  Or as if I cared. "Sure. Virgin?". His eyes widen and the pale shade of his face instantly takes on a red color. "W-what? No! Of course I'm not". "Coming?". I turn away from him and resume walking to my room, uncaring if he actually came or not. "Yeah! Yeah, of course". 

We walk straight through the front door of the dorm, with me completely ignoring his questions of were we actually walking straight through the front door of the dorm. All of the girls in the CA common area seem shocked to see him here, and even more shocked that I was leading him to my room.

It was unexpected, and when things are unexpected they can't be planned for. So there was no reason for the House Mom to be on alert. And that's why I did it. He'd be long gone before she realized there was something for her to be worried about. Unless someone snitched. And I wouldn't recommend that.

I lock the door behind him, and sit my soup on the bedside table. Soup would always be there and I'm sure he would, too. But how interesting is soup, really? "So?" I ask, crossing my arms over my stomach and grabbing the hem of my shirt. He nods up and down, a dog with a bone being waved in front of his face flashing in my mind. I pull my shirt up and over. "Cool".

...

"So, not a virgin" I say breathlessly, rolling onto my back. He chuckles, doing the same. "No. I just didn't expect that question". "Nice. This was... nice, but you should get going, yeah?". "Oh". He gets up from the bed and gathers his things. "When will we-" he starts but I clear my throat loudly and he stops.

"Lock the door behind you. I'm gonna shower" I say, getting out of bed and brushing past him. That was the best thing about these Alpha Dorms. An en suite bathroom. A more important thought than him, since I had my fill. "Of course" he mutters and I flash him a smile before closing the door behind me. I mean, soup could never be that fun.

Walking back down into the commons after that was an amazing experience. The judge-y looks weren't as common as I thought they'd be. There was more awe, as if they couldn't believe I did it and didn't know how I pulled it off.

"Just a warning, Selah. Gray is no good and a no go" someone says from behind me. One of the HOH's that the Dean pointed out to me. Nastassia, I'm sure it was. "He was pretty good to me. Maybe your chemistry was just off" I suggest and she gags dramatically.

"I didn't SLEEP with Grayson Du Pont. Did you?". "He didn't say?". "He told me you guys talked. I just don't want you falling for his charms and then getting your heart broken. Leave walking around your dorm crying over him to the BG girls, because I don't feel like dealing with it".

I burst out laughing. "CHARM? HEARTBREAK? Relax, sweetie. You don't have to worry about me crying over Grayson Du Pont. Or worry about me at all, really. Thanks, though". She doesn't say another word until I reach the exit and then, "Why are you here? Or, why'd you get kicked, rather?".

I open the door, the cool air brushing over my barely clothed skin, covering it in goosebumps. "Remember when you had the right to know my business?" I pause, listening to her begin and end several sentences without finishing a word. "Me neither".