chapter 47

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

   Flashback

    Y/N stood in front of the Mirror of Erised, a small smile on her lips. She saw herself in the reflection, her parents standing behind her. They were looking down at her, grins on their faces. However, the mirror started to shift and change, the girl looking at it confused as Harry watched from the side.

It was first year, and Harry and Y/N had been doing some research around the school. Coincidentally, they had stumbled into a large, empty room, a peculiar looking mirror in the middle. Which is where it leaves them now- in front of a random mirror, in the middle of a random room.

Her eyebrows furrowed together as someone new was now in the reflection with her, someone she would never have thought she would see.

"Hermione?"

Y/N looked at the glass in front of her quizzically, wondering why her frenemy was there standing in the reflection with her. The bushy-haired girl was smiling, a light blush painted on her cheeks. Y/N looked at the two of them, their hands interlocked together. Growing more confused than before, she turned to Harry.

"Is this thing broken," she asked, Harry giving a shrug. She looked at him for a moment before turning back to it, a new scene in front of her.

"Aunt Lily and Uncle James?"

Her aunt and uncle stood in front of her, Harry now joining to see what she was seeing curiously. He wasn't able to make out anything in the mirror, but Y/N saw them as clear as day. A smile quickly rose to her lips, both of them giving her a toothy grin.

"Feeling Sentimental?"

Y/N and Harry quickly turned around, the sight of Snape in front of them making them startled from the noise.

Present time

Y/N and Harry were shaken from their daze as they stared at Snape, the man performing the Legilimens spell on them. Harry let out a sharp breath as Y/N felt her chest heave.

"That's private to Y/N and I," Harry spoke up, both shooting daggers at the man in front of them. "Not to me," Snape said, "And not to the Dark Lord if you do not improve."

The two cousins watched as Snape quickly made their way over to them, crouching in front of them with his face inches from theirs. They shrank back in their seats, the man clenching his teeth.