chapter 26

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

    It was a cold early December morning, the group of friends walking down the path as they neared Hogsmeade. Y/N's hands were stuffed into her pockets as she walked alongside Jenna and Corey, the boy's arm slung over her shoulder. Everyone else walked in front or behind them, the group preparing for the meeting they were about to have.

"So," Harry spoke up from in front of Y/N, Corey, and Jenna. Ron and Sofia walked next to him, the girl slightly shivering. It seemed as though Ron noticed, wrapping his arm around the small of her back. Y/N watched the interaction with a slight smirk, her eyes catching the light blush coated onto Sofia's cheeks. She'd definitely have to talk about this to her later.

"Who exactly is coming," Harry asked, once more speaking up. "Fred and George got some friends to join," Brett said from behind them, Brianne and Hermione walking at his side. "No doubt there will be a few of their friends there."

"I can't wait to take that walking, pink toad down," Jenna seethed from next to Y/N. "The look on her face when karma hits her-priceless I bet." Y/N threw her best friend an amused look with a small smirk, "Violent are we, Ortega?"

Jenna rolled her eyes as she wrapped a hand around Y/N's bicep, slightly leaning into her as they walked down the paths of Hogsmeade. The cold air hit her a bit harshly, making her lean more and more into Y/N's side. "No, just eager to see someone get what they truly deserve," she countered back, giving Y/N an assertive, solid nod.

"You and me both," Corey grumbled from next to the two girls. "Honestly, I'm surprised that no one has hexed her yet, let alone jinx."

The group grumbled in agreement as they neared the building of Hog's Head, the roof coated with snow. Harry let out a huff, "This is completely mad, you know? Who would want to be taught by me? By Y/N?"

"Hey," Y/N said, shooting her cousin a glare, "I'm a phenomenal teacher, thank you very much."

He rolled his eyes. "Look on the bright side," Karan spoke up, "You're better than being taught by Umbridge."

Harry looked at the boy with an eyebrow raised as he gave him an unimpressed face. "Thanks, Karan. Really appreciate it."

The boy gave him a sly grin back. "Always, dude."

They all let out snickers as they trudged through the snow, nearing Hog's Head. Their feet moved beneath them as they drew closer to the building, now standing in front of the worn out, wooden door. Y/N looked at it for a moment as she looked to Ron, the boy's arm still snug around Sofia's waist. She nodded her head in the direction of the door, silently telling him to open it. He turned back, cautiously raising his hand to it with a gentle push.