Chapter 19 - Wishes -

"What the fuck Kei!?" Akiteru shouted, after hearing what happened. "How can you do that to Tadashi!? You used that many pills on their drinks too!? They could have OD! And-"

"I used most of it on myself!" Tsukishima said, interrupting his brother. "I couldn't sleep after that night. I know okay! You think I don't know what I did was wrong!?" He sat down for a moment, covering his face. He can feel tears coming from his eyes but he just took a deep breath, holding it in before continuing to talk. "I don't know how to fix it."

After taking a deep breath, Akiteru sat down with his little brother, then the two suddenly heard a sound, coming from the front door. Akiteru heads to the door to check and saw a plastic bag, with its contents spilled on the ground but no one was around. As soon as Kei saw this he knew. Kei ran outside looking around and caught a glimpse of Yamaguchi running away. The tall blonde sprinted as fast as he can and managed to catch up with the freckled boy.

As Tsukishima tried to reach out to his best friend, Yamaguchi swatted his hands away. "How the hell can you do that!?" There were tears falling from his eyes, but not from sadness or because he was insecure like he usually does. It was anger. "To hell with your explanation! I don't wanna hear it!"

"Tadashi please," Tsukishima cried out. "I love you, okay! That's why I did it!" Yamaguchi froze in place, looking back at him. "I know you loved me too! That's why you invited me to dinner that night at the fancy restaurant last month, right?"

Yamaguchi wiped his tears before turning around to face him. "I did loved you... I tore myself loving you, I even tried to get you to hate someone as nice as Kuroo, ruin your relationship..."  The freckled boy paused, realizing what he just said. His eyes widened. "Am I the reason you guys broke up?"

There was silence in the air, both of them just stared at each other. After taking in some air, Tsukishima spoke. "Yes, and I'm sorry that I didn't realize that I loved you too sooner." The tall blonde walked to him, grabbing his hands. Yamaguchi was just shocked, speechless about what he heard. "We can work this out. Please Tadashi, give me a chance. I know I messed up. But I can change, I promise I will just..." Just like that, tears started streaming from the tall blonde's eyes. "Please don't leave me. I love you..." He fell on his knees in front of him

Yamaguchi can feel his heart ached a little, seeing him this way. The cool, calm, and reliable Tsukki that he had known throughout the years, looked desperate right now. Yamaguchi should be angry, furious about what he just learned, about what he did to him and his relationship.

"Tsukki, you know I was always grateful to have you in my life, right?" The freckled boy, kneeled too,  gripping Tsukishima's hands tightly. "You're my best friend. Of course, I won't leave you but you know how much I loved Tobio, right? Please tell me you at least see that."

"I do, but I love you more."

"I don't, not in that way anymore,"  Yamaguchi said without hesitation. He stood up, helping the tall blonde off his feet. "If you can't accept that, then I don't think we should see each other for while Tsukishima." 

It got quiet again. The two just stayed there for a while, none of them walking away. "Why aren't you leaving yet?" Tsukishima said.

"I want to make sure you return home safe. Let's go."  Yamaguchi patted his best friend in the back, walking him home. Somehow, their walk together was quieter than usual. Tsukishima can't help but feel hurt after Yamaguchi called him Tsukishima but he knows he deserves worst and he knows Yamaguchi deserves the best. Sadly, the worst and best don't mix well that much.