Chapter 13 - Party to Forget -

As thoughts flooded his mind, Tsukishima drifted to sleep for a moment. An hour later, when the tall blonde opened his eyes he saw Yamaguchi sitting beside his bed. His head wasn't foggy as before, but it still hurt a lot.

"Where's the shrimp?"

"He went home already," Yamaguchi said not even looking at him. His attention was on his phone as he chats with his boyfriend. "How are you feeling." Yamaguchi placed his phone down, turning to the tall blonde.

Finally, Tsukishima to himself. "I'm feeling a little better, thank you." The tall blonde smiled.

Yamaguchi was shocked, he never saw Tsukki smiled like that before. He blinked fast before grabbing the soup that he heated and placed it near the table beside the bed, telling him to eat it. Tsukishima complained that his head still hurts and demanded him to be fed. The freckled boy just rolled his eyes, before telling his best friend to fix his position so he can feed him properly.

"You know, I was really surprised about your text. I wish it was on better circumstances though." The freckled boy said. "I can't remember the last time you invited me to your house. I always thought I was just forcing myself to be your friend all these years you know, so-"

"What! No! I do! I really do want your company!" Tsukishima suddenly jumped out of bed stuttering. "I'm sorry if I make you feel like that sometimes." He looked down.

"It's alright Tsukki, I understand you're just too salty sometimes." Yamaguchi smiled. "You know, Tobio was worried about you too. I think you two can be good friends,

Tsukishima frowned after hearing that name again. And after he was feeling happy with his alone time with Yamaguchi too. Once the soup was empty, the freckled boy stood up, ready to go home. Tsukishima wanted him to stay, to sleep right beside him but he stayed quiet as Yamaguchi left for the night. 

The freckled boy can't help but stare at the calendar on his phone. A date was set as a reminder, 5 days from now their first monthsary was coming. Kageyama is excited too, he wanted to do something special yet budget-friendly since he was still feeling the pain in his pocket from the reservation he made at the fancy restaurant when he confessed to Yamaguchi. So he went to the web, searching for cheap yet romantic ways to celebrate it.

Yamaguchi on the other hand was thinking of a gift to give his boyfriend as a surprise, so the next day he asked his best friend to accompany him. Yamaguchi also figured it would be a nice idea for Tsukishima to go out too in order to try to forget about his recent breakup.

The two were hopping from shop to shop to look at various items. Tsukishima can't help but feel nervous and a little tense. It felt like a date for the tall blonde and he just hopes he wasn't blushing too much. He can tell Yamaguchi is having fun too. 

They settled on a stainless steel sports bottle with a tiny cow on the bottom. Yamaguchi was planning to buy Yogurt but that would be hard to wrap and he was scared it may spoil on the way. As the two head home, their hands grazed a little as they walk. Yamaguchi hasn't noticed it until Tsukishima grabbed his fingers with his pinky. 

The freckled boy just laughed a little, moving his hands away. "Sorry, Tsukki!" 

"It's alright, Yamaguchi." Tsukishima smiled softly.

When the freckled boy turned to his side, he noticed they stopped at a Jewelry store. His hands and faces pressed against the glass and look at the beautiful collection of rings and necklaces. One ring particularly caught his eyes, it was a simple promise ring, cheap too.