Chapter 6 - Acceptance-

It's been a month since the confession incident. Tsukishima is still the talk of the school because of the elaborate confession but Tsukishima just ignored them. Ignoring people is something the tall blonde has mastered at an early age. There's someone he can't always ignore, his childhood friend, Yamaguchi.

"Tsukki! Let's eat lunch together!

"Shut up, Yamaguchi." Tsukishima put on his headphones before leaving the room. 

"Sorry, Tsukki!" Yamaguchi chased after him.

The two were walking to school together and hanging out during lunch like before but of course, something has to change. Tsukishima asked their coach to skip practice for the day, he had a date with Kuroo. Even though they spent most of their time together in school like they usually do Yamaguchi can't help feeling lonely without his best friend especially during the times they should be spending time together, like volleyball practice.

"Where are you going Tsukki?" Yamaguchi asked him. The two were the only ones in the club room, changing for practice. 

"It's none of your fucking business, okay!?" Tsukishima suddenly snapped. He was as shocked as Yamaguchi. 

The tall blonde just immediately grabbed his things and left without saying anything else. Tsukishima would always act like this when Yamaguchi tries to ask him about his time with Kuroo. Perhaps he truly hasn't forgiven him, or was there something more? 

As the freckled boy left the club room, he saw Kuroo waiting by the gate of their school. The two met each other in a warm embrace before kissing. Kageyama and Hinata appeared to change clothes for practice too. Kagayema immediately noticed the expression on Yamaguchi's face. He looked hurt and on the verge of tears. 

"They kinda look good together huh?" Hinata approached the railings, while he looks at Kuroo and Tsukishima. 

Kageyama glared at Hinata. "Hinata you dumba-"

"Yeah, they look great." Yamaguchi suddenly turned to them. The two froze as they see tears dripping from Yamaguchi's cheeks. They can feel the pain in his soft voice. As soon as the freckled boy noticed it, he runs away from the two. 

The freckled boy didn't know where he was running to or why and just like that he noticed he was in front of his classroom. The room was empty but he still saw flashes of him and Tsukishima talking by their table. He leaned against the wall and slowly sat down. 

At practice, the team wondered why only Hinata came for practice, it turns out Kagayema run after Yamaguchi. Noya and Tanaka turned to one another, wearing devilish smiles on their faces before leaving the gym to search for them. Yamaguchi sat alone in the empty hallway, his back was against the wall.

The freckled boy knew he shouldn't feel like this anymore. He accepted that he was only going to be just a best friend and he was happy that they can go back the way there were but still, he can't help feel this sharp pain in his chest seeing Tsukishima with another person. He knows it was selfish of him to think this way, especially after what he did last time. 

Negative thoughts ate away at him until Kageyama appeared in front of him, holding up a milk carton for him. "I thought you might be thirsty," Kageyama smiled.  

Yamaguchi hesitated before taking the milk from The King's hand. "Thank you," He averted his eyes back to the ground. "You have to stop appearing in front of me with food. I'm starting to search for food when you talk to me, you know?" He chuckled a little.

Kageyama sat beside him, he took it as a compliment. It was quiet but for some reason, they didn't mind it. Kageyama didn't think the empty school can look so peaceful to him. It was different from the awkward silence they experience when they first hanged out together.