Chapter 4 - Confession -

"See you Kei!". Kuroo waved at him as Tsukishima waved goodbye, his eyes ignored Yamaguchi but still the freckled boy waved back. "Let me walk you home too Yamaguchi."

Yamaguchi wanted to decline but his house is near the bus stop where Kuroo needs to go so he doesn't have a choice. Kuroo was humming happily. It pissed Yamaguchi. He never felt this way before. Like something was trying to crawl up his throat. The freckled boy swallowed hard but the feeling won't go away. He would do anything to stop it.

"Hey, Yamaguchi." Kuroo suddenly said. "Thank you for your advice. He loved it, even got a kiss from him too."

 Yamaguchi clenched his first, averting his eyes from him. "That's nice to hear."

 Kuroo closes the distance between them, close enough for Yamaguchi to punch him. He leaned close to him. "How do you think should I do it?" He whispered to him.

 "What? Do what?". Yamaguchi raised his eyebrow.

 "Confessing, I mean." Kuroo looked away. Yamaguchi can tell he was blushing because his ears were red. "I was hoping you might know what he thinks is romantic. Or should I stick with the dinosaur motif-"

"Don't do that." Yamaguchi suddenly shouts. 

Kuroo took a step back as silence engulfs the air. This time it felt hostile. Yamaguchi went up to Kuroo and placed his hand on his shoulder. "I mean, that sounds boring. You already gave him a dinosaur." He smiled. It was different from his normal smile. It was fake. 

 Kuroo rubbed his chin. "You might be right, repetition is boring." He said. "So, what do you think should I do?"

Tsukishima hates romance movies or shows. He hates how cliche it is and he especially hates romantic theme confession. Yamaguchi remembered Tsukishima literally threw up when he saw someone confessed to some girl in their old school with a bouquet of flowers while some of the boys held up a banner of their love. 

No matter how many times Yamaguchi thought back to this moment, he always regretted it. He knew he was just getting emotional. That the flames inside was just burning, begging to be let out. He shouldn't but he did.

A grin formed on the freckled boy's face. "Have you watched some romantic films before?" He said. "You know, dancing, music, big crowd your typical cheesy confession. I'm sure he would love that."

Kuroo's eyes beamed, he actually researched such films before. So he took up a pen and the two brainstormed ideas. With Yamaguchi's input, the two planned Kuroo's confession. A confession born out of love and jealousy. 

Kuroo waved goodbye as Yamaguchi reached his house. He forced a smile, waving back at him. As soon as he checked his phone, he saw a notification from Tsukishima. He never texted him first before so Yamaguchi was a little excited to check it.

"What did you and Kuroo talked about?"

The smiled on Yamaguchi's face disappeared, he wanted to talk about Kuroo again. The freckled boy told him it was nothing and they didn't really talk. Laying on his bed he stared at the night sky, the moon wasn't visible today, just a star shining alone from across the universe. I hope you don't feel lonely too. He thought to himself.

The next days were normal, Yamaguchi and Tsukishima spent most of the school days together like usual but to Tsukishima something change. Yamaguchi was clingy more than usual and constantly want to talk or be near him. The tall blonde is used to the freckled boy's annoying personality but this felt different and everyone in the club noticed it too.

"Did something happen?" Sugawara asked the team.

"Maybe something did, finally!" Hinata cried stretching his arms.

Kageyama overheard them and grab Hinata's head, putting it into a lock hold. "What are you talking about stupid!?" He shouts as Hinata cries out. "Why are you still bad are receiving!? Huh!?"

"You mean, they're finally dating?" Yachi approached them.