Chapter 15 - Desperate-

Kageyama didn't feel like he wanted to get out of bed. His alarm was ringing nonstop, telling him to take his morning jog. It was painful, but he forced himself to his bathroom to try and get ready. He can see the tear marks still on his face from crying himself to sleep

The King ran faster than usual, hoping that the fires in his lungs would be enough to cover the pain in his heart, but it wasn't. He runs and runs until he ran out of breath as he laid on the ground. He broke down, once again. 

He didn't realize love, something that felt so amazing and beautiful at first can also feel so painful too. He took a deep breath before standing up. Somehow, running today was harder the usual but he still pushed through, until he trips on uneven pavement, falling on the ground.

He tasted blood coming from his mouth. I deserve worst than this. He thought to himself, not even giving much effort to getting up.

"Hey, are you alright Kageyama!" Hinata approached him. He was out on his morning jog too, gotta keep up that insane stamina somehow. 

When he saw Kageyama, he noticed blood coming from his face, he grabbed him by the shoulder and guide him to a bench for them to rest. The blood just won't stop and the orange-haired boy panicked. So he took out his handkerchief and shoving it into Kageyama's mouth.

For a moment, Kageyama felt the cloth enter his throat before he pulls them out from his esophagus. "HINATA YOU-!" He coughed.

"I'm so sorry!" Hinata cried out, stepping back a little. He was expecting to be punched or thrown to the ground so he just closed his eyes, preparing for a beating but then it never came. Hinata slowly opened his eyes after hearing sniffing sounds.

The orange boy was shocked to see Kageyama crying as he holds the handkerchief on his lips to stop the bleeding. Kageyama always looked after Hinata, in his own way and it just breaks his heart seeing him like this.

"Don't worry, I'll call Yamaguchi to pick you up, I'm sure hi-" Kageyama quickly turned to him, grabbing Hinata's phone away. "Bakayama! Why did you do that!"

"Please don't call him." He begged the orange-haired boy while handing his phone back. He wasn't crying anymore. There were still some tears in his eyes and Hinata noticed an expression he has never seen before. A hint of sadness sprinkled with desperation. 

"What happened?" Hinata said as the two sat down together. Kageyama just stared at the ground, not knowing where to start. Hinata patiently waited for his court partner. He usually mocks or gloats the setter every chance he gets but even an idiot like him knows this isn't the time to do that.

So Kageyama took a deep breath, before turning to Hinata, opening his mouth to tell him about what happened. "I messed up so bad,

Meanwhile, Yamaguchi just woke up dragging his feet to the bathroom to brush his teeth. There was no class or practice today so his plan was basically just laying on the bed all day. His mom was out of town for the week so he was all alone.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, prompting Yamaguchi to run downstairs to answer it. He never did like to keep people waiting for him. As soon as he opened the door he saw his best friend, with a plastic bag in his hand. He can tell it was some fries and sodas from the convenience store.

"Can I hang out for a bit? You're alone right now, right?" Tsukishima said. He sounded a little nervous. "I mean if you want to, if not I can just leave."

"No, it's okay." Yamaguchi forced a smile. The freckled boy was never good a turning down someone. "I have nothing to do anyways. Make yourself at home."