003

SEUNGHEE

SEUNGHEE

after a few minutes, I heard my doorbell ring. I opened the door to see jake smiling widely. I closed the door and the curtains just in case a sasaeng followed him here.

after making sure all the windows were closed, I gave him a huge hug. "jaeyun-ah. I missed you" he hugged me back and placed a kiss on my forehead, "I missed you too princess" I blushed at his nickname.

he had been calling me that ever since he saw me wearing that princess outfit for the fancy dress party the first time we met but everytime he called me that, I felt some kind of butterflies in my stomach.

we stayed like that for a while, then I broke the hug. "what do you wanna do today?!" I asked him. "anything, as long as I get to spend time with you" I smiled at him. "hmm, I'll make some ramen, let's watch a movie!" he nodded.

it was my job to cook ramen and his job to search for a movie. while the ramen was cooking, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and I knew who's scent it was, the person I loved most. "jakey-" he cut me off, "let's stay like this for a while, please" I nodded and we stayed like that until the ramen was done.

we watched the movie that he picked, and it was a horror movie. I couldn't handle it so most of the time I was hugging jake with my eyes shut tight. he rubbed my back, and calmed me down a little. when it was done, I opened my eyes.

"that was scary as heck." I exclaimed and he nodded. "yeah, but your eyes were closed most of the time." I playfully hit him and he chuckled. "I'm gonna go now" I held his wrist stopping him from going.

"jaeyun-ah, im-"

"scared, it's okay. I'll stay with you for today" my smile widened because of his words. "thank you thank you thank you!" I hugged him and he hugged me back.

"I'm gonna take a shower first. do you have any spare clothes?!" I nodded. "let's go to sunoo's room, I think he has some clean clothes" I gave him some of sunoo's clothes and he came back after taking a shower.

"it's been so long since we hung out like this" he exclaimed and I agreed. "I know right! the last time we did this was when I was 12 or something!" I smiled sadly.

"my life went downhill after you left." he looked at me, his eyes filled with guilt. "I know, I shouldn't have gone to australia. I'm sorry seunghee." I smiled at him. "it's okay jaeyun, what happens, happens."

"your dreams are they still about-" I cut him off, "yeah. kinda sucks right?!" he looked at me with pity. "jake, thanks for coming today. I'm really grateful" he held my hand softly.

"it's okay, let's go to bed now. I love you seunghee" I smiled at those words, "I love you too, jaeyun" he gave me a kiss on my cheek and we cuddled and went to dreamland.

.

.

.

JAKE

I went to bed but I had an uneasy sleep. suddenly, I heard someone sobbing. "seunghee, are you alright?!" she was dreaming about her again.

"park yeji, come back" I pulled her into an embrace trying to calm her down before waking her up. "yeji! why won't you come back. enough of sleeping come back!" I slowly started patting her back. she calmed down and I tried to wake her up.

"seunghee, wake up. seunghee!" she woke up, sobbing. "jaeyun, my dream-" I cut her off. "I know" she started sobbing. "yeji!" I didn't let go of her. she needed me right now. "seunghee, it's gonna be alright." she calmed down a little, but she was still sobbing.

"we all miss yeji, don't we?!" she nodded, I wanted to cry too. heck, I wanted to scream at the goddess of fate for giving me such a shitty life. but I couldn't. I should be the pillar, I should be strong for her.

soon, she stopped crying. "jaeyun-ah." I looked at her. "hmm?!" she looked at me full of pity. "cry" i was taken aback by her words. "what?!" she repeated herself, "cry. don't hold your emotions in. you have me, so cry"

slowly, I let tears roll down my cheeks. "let it all out" this time, she was consoling me. I started sobbing, I cried like there was no tomorrow. I felt like I was the cause for yeji's death, for seunghee's poor mental state.

"it's okay, I'm here for you. keep going until you're done okay?!" I wailed out loud and I saw tears rolling down seunghee's cheeks too. I slowly wiped them, but still didn't stop crying.

"why did I go to australia, why did I not be there for you, why didn't I come for yeji's funeral" she started breaking down with me. "it's okay, it's not your fault jake. we'll get through this together okay?!" I nodded and wiped my tears. once I was done, seunghee suggested that we eat ice cream and I agreed.

we ate ice cream and by that time, it was already sunrise. "I had a good time today. I'll visit you next time okay?!" she nodded. I pulled her into a hug and ruffled her hair. "come back again okay?!" I nodded. as soon as I went out I felt a flash. "yang mango" I mumbled and ran away.