𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑆𝑖𝑥

I pulled into the driveway and honked the horn of the car.
A few moments later and out came Mike covered head to toe in clothes.

He opened the car door and got in.

"Hey, Mike long time no see."

"How come you're all covered up?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, normally when I go out I try to cover myself up. Most of the town already knows that I'm William's son so I just like to hide the fact that I am."

" Then how come you don't move somewhere else?" I asked.

Mike sighed.
"I don't have the money to moved anywhere else."

We both went quiet.

"So, how did you sleep last night?" He asked.

"I slept good, how about you?"

"Not great I stayed up a bit late but other than that I never get any sleep and that's how's it's been for the past 20 years."

Poor Mike. I feel bad for him.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, I think a nice warm cup of tea or coffee will make you feel a bit more awake."

Mike smiled.

"Yeah, I would like that."
•———•

After a 5-minute drive to get into the downtown area we stopped at the local coffee shop.
We got out of the car and right when Mike got out a few people around gave him a look of disgust.

I saw that Mike got upset by that so I put my hand on his shoulder."Don't let them get in your head, you are nothing like your father."

"Yeah I know it's just I hate it when people think that just because I'm his son means I'm like him."

"I know Mike how about we ignore them and go inside."

He nodded his head and we both walked into the small coffee shop.

"I'll order our drinks, what do you want?" I asked.

"I'll just have a small coffee, black."

I smirked.

"Just like William."

Then I realized that probably not the best thing to say to him.

"Ah shit sorry about Mike I didn't mean it like that."

Mike let out a small laugh.

"That's alright (y/n) I know what you meant."

"Ahem are you going to order or what?" The clearly annoyed barista asked.

I shooed Mike away and turned my attention to the lady at the counter.

"Sorry, I would like to order a small cup of coffee, black. And I'll take a cup of green tea."

Even if this was a coffee shop they had tea on their menu so why not. Oh, plus I had a tea snatcher take my tea last night.

"That'll be $7.24."

I took out my wallet and gave her the exact change.

"And what would the name be under?" She asked.

I just randomly said the name that was on my mind.

"Afton." I blurted.

Then I realized I said not the best name.
'Ah fuck'

The lady's eye's widened.

"Umm, how about (y/n)?" I said instead.

She nodded her head and gave me my receipt.
I turned around and didn't say a single word after that.

I walked over to where Mike sat.

"Welp I fucked up," I said as I sat down.

"What did you do?"

"When the lady asked me for the name under our drinks I said, Afton."

Mike facepalmed."Wow, you really did fuck up."

I nodded my head.

"Yup but anyway how come you wanted me to meet you without William?" I asked.

"Okay well, I wanted to discuss the plan. But I can't have my father hear it."

"So what do you have for the plan?" I asked.

Mike took a deep breath."For us to fix all of this we would have to get rid of other William."

Then I interrupted him.

"Mike I don't know if you forgot or something but we already made that clear last night."

Mike nodded.

"We did but you didn't let me finish. After that other William is dead what do we do about younger William?"

Then I thought about it.
What do we do with him?

"Can't we send him back into the pit and let everything go back to normal?"

Mike shook his head.

"We can't do that, it's not like if he goes back to the '80s and dies your memory would be erased from seeing other William."

What Mike was saying was true.
Even if William did go back and died the way he was supposed to, it wouldn't change anything now.

"So this part of the plan you might not like."
"We are going to have to kill both William's."

That hit me hard.

"But isn't there anything else we can do!?"

"(Y/n) I stayed up until 5 am trying to find a way to not have both William die but there is nothing that would work."

I looked down feeling myself start to tear up.

"I'm sorry but if you want things to go back to normal we need both William's gone."

Then Mike stopped.

"I'm going to have to do something I don't want to do." He said.

I looked back up at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You said that I was supposed to be either dead or missing so I'm going to have to fake my death and go missing, that won't be fun."

We both went silent.

"So I'm losing both you and William?" I said feeling even more sad.

"That will be hard for me to deal with but this is not how things should be and I feel like it's my fault things are like this so I'm the one responsible to fix it."

Mike gave me a small smile.

"Okay, so you're on board with the plan?" He asked.

I nodded my head.

"Yes I am but I'm sure there is still more of the plan that we need to do."

"Oh yeah there is a lo-"

Then one of the barista's interrupted Mike, "Cup of coffee black, and green tea for (y/n)."

"I guess we'll discuss it over our drinks?"

I let out a laugh.

"That's what it's looks like. What perfect timing."