What Everyone Deserves...

Start from the beginning

Yes, baby, that's it! Now we are talking, it's over.

"DO IT, NIKKI! KILL HIM! THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY WE WANTED!" Natalia shouts in agony and I groan in agreement with no sign of hesitation.

Yes, she is right! This is what we have been trying to do all this time. We wanted to get on top of him, immobilize him with success without risking our safety, and then take his life.

I take a deep breath, ready to grab him from his throat and then rip it out. My heartbeat races, my blood turns hotter than ever in my veins and every muscle in my body takes fire. My old self, the young, reckless and thirsty for action makes his appearance after years and my hunger for justice becomes greatest than ever before.

This is for Alice, her brother and mother, anybody Lucas has killed or harmed and Mila, Diana and Aiden, because he took part in everything Mason has done all these years.

I open my mouth widely, letting my big, sharp teeth become visible to him and I quickly bend over him with his throat being my only target, but then, I don't understand how, Lucas' back legs escape from mine and they push me away, making me lose my balance. His sharp nails touch my stomach and the fear of my baby getting hurt gets instinctually born, forcing me to get off of him and protect it.

FUCK! And I was so damn close, I was about to...

"NIKKI!"

His panicked, full of worry and horror scream shakes my body like I get electrocuted and I land on my feet, about three meters from Lucas' lying wolf, with my eyes widely open and my breath cut. Natalia is faster to react, realizing what's happening, and she starts howling relieved, proud and excited.

Landon!

He is here, he is very close...

"On our right, look!" Natalia shouts impatiently and I snap my head on my right.

I distinguish him running towards us in his big wolf form and I exhale heavily, not believing my eyes. His light blonde fur shines while he runs, it makes him look like an arrow's sharp, metal top, and his black eyes are constantly locked on me, they pierce my skin and ease every pain.

He came here, for me.

"LAND..."

"WATCH OUT!" he cuts me off when I begin to say his name and I turn my head to Lucas, but it's too late.

The only thing I manage to see is him standing on his feet and then nothing, as something gets in my eyes and I shut them closed, feeling them burning.

He threw dirt on them!

Fuck, I should have seen it coming, but I didn't expect him to stand up so soon, he is exhausted and injured and...

"Let's see what he will do now that he will watch me killing you, bitch." Lucas screams with his words ringing in my mind and my entire body trembling, while I struggle to open my eyes again and defend myself.

"NO!" I hear some more crying out and I decide to walk backwards, away from Lucas and closer to the hill's corner.

I need to open my eyes, I have to, now!

"THIS IS YOUR END." Lucas shouts and my ears get bombarded from so many noises, voices and screams that I can't get focused on him and his moves.

I try hard to use all of my senses in any way I can, in any grade that the circumstances allow me to and I obey Natalia few seconds later, when she screams to me to open my eyes at any cost.

I overpass the intense burning and manage to open them for a very brief moment. I see Lucas' wolf attacking me once more and I greet my teeth, sensing the last sign of strength I have been left with exploding.