|fears|

"my fear
is slowly eating me.
this feeling inside
me, i hate it,
i feel like
a coward."

-third person pov-

-third person pov-

hours passed and seohyun was peacefully sleeping while minho stood outside on the rocks under the waterfall.

minho let the small stars in the sky shine bright on him while he looked up at the full moon.

"she will die on the third day of the full moon."

he shook off his thoughts and diverted his gaze away from the moon. the night was cool and unlike what ankoku said, everything was going smoothly.

-hours earlier-

"tulip what are you afraid of?" minho asked the girl who was sleepy; ignoring her reassuring comment.

"big fires. large fires scare me but i don't know why. you?" minho stood up and let the girl sleep. although seohyun wondered why he ignored her, she was too tired to think about it too much.

"two days..the fire is in two days." minho whispered to himself. he closed his eyes and lifted his head up to the night sky.

he let out a loud sigh before sitting down on a rock and dipping his feet into the water.

minho looked down at the reflection of him in the cold water. he brought his mind to one question; what was he scared of?

"losing you; i'm scared of losing you again." he whispered.

"losing who?" at the voice, minho froze in his spot.

seohyun sat down on a rock next to him and looked out at the trees in the distance.

"someone important to me. i'm scared of losing her."

"she must be special then. what's she like?" seohyun asked while turning to minho.

minho turned his head to seohyun who was already looking at him.

minho looked at all the delicate details on her face. the way her eyes sparkled like stars. the way her voice was deep yet so sweet at the same time. the way how whenever she smiled, her gums showed.

"she..she's beautiful. she's the kind of person that you just wanna protect at all times. she's kind and caring and absolutely wonderful. she..i love her."

seohyun smiled at the boy but for some reason, something in her ached. despite that pain in her chest, she ignored it and let it slide.

"oh by the way! why do you call me tulip?" she asked.

"in you past life, i used to call you tulip. i guess it's just a habit to keep calling you that." minho replied with a smile.

"were you born a demon or did you transform into one?" seohyun asks. she lifts her head up to the sky, admiring the moon above her.