I smiled as I left the house. I could fucking kiss her all day, she did ease my mood greatly. "To Marcan's." I instructed my driver. I relaxed back into the seat and contemplated about what I was going to say. Or maybe it would be easier to put a bullet between his eyes. How dare the fucker walk into our house unannounced, the insufferable bastard.

Almost an hour later, the car stopped at Marcan's house. We pulled up at the guarded gates. "State your business." A guard roughly spat as he peered into the car. The tinted window was rolled down partly and I could see the heavy duty machine gun he carried. I've been here a handful of times so they knew who I was, they only asked to piss me off. "Here to see Marcan." I stated unbothered. The guard looked away as he spoke to another guard.

Fucking hell. "He is expecting me. Ace Hernandez." I said sternly as I watched the idiot look flummoxed. It took several minutes but I was eventually allowed in.

I stepped out from the car and looked at his subpar mansion. It was very large and beautiful but the bastard inside deserved nothing. The surrounding grounds went on for miles, being covered in vibrant green grass. The gravel crunched under my shoes as I made my way to the front door. A midnight black Porsche was parked at the side, left on display on purpose. The large wooden doors were opened to me and two guards, carrying two guns each escorted me to a room down the hallway.

"Guns." One of the guards uttered as he held out a large hand. He tilted his thick neck to the side and I could see a scar across it. I nodded to Andre and he gave up his guns as did I. A gun wasn't needed, if I wanted to kill Marcan I could do so. Alessia had shown me plenty of ways to kill a man with my bare hands, some ways were very creative.

The guard knocked on the door to a room which I presumed was Marcan's new office and my assumption was correct when I entered the room. He did like interior decor. It was large and had a smoky smell to it. A bookcase lined an entire wall and a glass table on the opposite side was topped with alcohol bottles and crystal glasses. I looked straight faced at Marcan who sat at the end of the room, the window behind him allowing in the soft daylight. He had his legs crossed over the top of a desk while he smoked a blunt.

"Hello Ace, would you like one?" Marcan greeted as he held up his blunt. I narrowed my eyes at him and walked over, taking a seat in one of the two leather bound chairs in front of his desk. I ignored him and instead pulled out a cigarette from the pocket of my suit jacket. Using my lighter, I lit it while holding the cigarette in between my lips.

I blew out a cloud of smoke and looked at Marcan. Our history was murky, we used to be friends but then enemies and now we are in some sort of ceasefire. "I did not appreciate the way you came into my home. The way you disrespected me and my wife." I said coldly. "In case you've forgotten, it was your brother who chose to have a relationship with my sister. I don't give a fuck about you...and your wife, I'll leave her alone." Marcan smirked.

"Well it wouldn't be my first choice either." I remarked. "We agree on something." Marcan chuckled. I looked at the Rolex on his wrist, his shirt sleeves were rolled up. "Now tell me, what do you suppose we should do?" He asked as he took a drag of his blunt, the smoke flittering in the air. He was relaxed, this was his territory after all and he knew me, I'd never pull a gun on him, not unless I had a very good reason to.

"There is nothing we can do. Kaden and Gabrielle are adults. I suggest we be civil and leave them alone." I looked into Marcan's dark eyes. He nodded. "So be it."

"I need your word." I said as I sat upright, the motion did not make him flinch. "On?" He questioned. "You will not touch a hair an Alessia's head, you will not go near her and you will not speak to her. Do you understand?" I threatened. He smiled and licked his lips. "You have my word." He answered, his chin raised up slightly.