seven; possessor

━━━possessor

.・゜゜・───・゜゜・.

Callahan hated horror movies, and this was no exception. Her spine stiffened, the back of her neck tingling in the cold air. She swallowed dryly, flashes of scary stories running across her mind. All of sudden, she was remembering the books her friends used to dare her to read in elementary, like Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark. The pictures scared the shit out of her, and the scene before her reminded her of one.

The seven other demigods were frozen in their places, staring at Piper with discomfort and horror.

Finally, Hazel exhaled "She's right."

Callahan gulped loudly in the deathly silent room, her eyes dancing around Percy's head.

"How can you be sure?" Annabeth asked.

"I've met them before," Hazel swallowed, "when I was..."

Callahan nodded. She always forgot Hazel was a second-timer, her beauty, liveliness, and humor making her seem otherworldly in a nice way.

"So...:" Frank sat beside Hazel, his big hands rubbing at his buzzcut, "They could be on the ship right now, or..."

"In one of us," Piper responded, her face white. "We don't know."

Beside her, Jason's knuckles were white, his blue eyes wide. "If that's true--"

"Then we'll have to take precautions," Callahan spoke up, her eyes dancing on Leo, Percy, and Jason. "Especially you three."

Across the table, Piper nodded, jaw tight. "I think I can do this."

"--What?"Annie asked, and Piper shook her head.

"Just listen, okay?" Piper asked.

She swallowed, "Eidolons, listen."

The air dropped into the negatives and goosebumps erupted across Cal's arms. She stared at Percy, the boy's face white and nervous.

"Eidolons." Piper spoke, "raise your hands."

Leo laughed nervously, "this isn't going to work, Pip--"

The boy froze, his face dropping and his hand shooting into the air. Beside him, Frank scrambled out of the chair in a way that would've been comical.

Jason and Percy reacted the same, the faces slacking and hands going up. Callahan gasped, her hand slipping into Annie's and squeezing as tightly as she could. Annie squeezed back, her jaw tight.

"Oh, gods." The blonde whispered, "Can you cure them?" Her eyes were fixed on Piper, imploring and scared.

Piper nodded. She focused on Leo, "Are there more on the ship?"

"No." The thing that was yet wasn't Leo responded, "The Earth Mother sent three. The strongest, the best. We will live again."

Callahan whimpered low in her throat, her eyes stuck on Percy's blank face.

"Not here you won't" Piper responded, "The three of you, listen."

Jason and Percy turned to stare at her too, their eyes were gold, glittering, and harsh and so unlike any of them. Piper swallowed.

"You will leave these bodies." She demanded.

"No." Percy hissed, and Callahan flinched. She turned to stare at Annie, who was staring at Percy too. The blonde's eyes glittered with tears, and her jaw was tight. Cal traced the slope of her nose and tried to ignore Percy's cold, cold eyes.