Chapter 198: The Prophecy

Start from the beginning

Kashi shrugged as he admitted, "I am only stealing lines others have already coined."

"The only thing that cannot be stolen in this world is knowledge."

Kashi looked at the king with shock, but Xafier only smiled and made his way back to the throne while the daeben waited to be summoned.

King Xafier looked from Kashi to the dwarfs and then announced, "Our friend, Kashi of the Hopeful Maggots, has come a long way with urgent news. As we all know, the dwarven race owes this guild a momentous debt, so I urge that you listen with open hearts and minds to his news before making a judgment." The King then beckoned Kashi forward, "Kashi, please come and address us."

The king's proclamation caused the ministers to murmur among themselves. Some were positive, others were negative, but the majority were hesitant. The dwarfs had just tasted freedom, and many were reluctant to accept orders from a daeben—even if that daeben was Kashi. Such was the deep-rooted hatred and mistrust towards that race.

Kashi walked to the front of the ministers and stood on the stairs, three steps below the podium. The daeben glanced around at the dwarfs, weathering the intensely hostile and cautious glares. Only a few among the dwarfs looked upon him favorable, of which the council of six made up the majority.

Kashi nodded at the familiar faces and then said with a grave expression, "Dwarven Ministers, I am not well-versed in court decorum, so I shall spare both ourselves the embarrassment and get straight to the point." Warning flashed in the daeben's eyes as he continued, "There is a battle coming. One which will decide the fate of the continent. If at this time, we do not stand united, I fear everything we have built thus far will be akin to dust in the wind."

"What is this battle you speak of?" A minister asked.

Kashi glanced at the dwarf and answered, "A battle to prevent the return of the greatest evil this world has ever known."

King Xafier's shot up from his chair, his pallor pale with fright, "You can't mean?"

"Yes, I do," Kashi replied. "The return of Razznik Y'Terlow, otherwise known as The Destroyer."

"What!?"

"The Destroyer!?"

"Impossible!"

"Isn't that just a myth?"

The court erupted in an uproar over the daeben's news, half in disbelief, and others in fright, both sides unwilling to believe Kashi's words.

Kashi, however, poured cold water on any hopes they had by stating, "I know you all received the prophecy four months ago. The prophecy that foretold the coming of The Destroyer. I can assure you, that was no prank. Unless you truly believe someone would pull a prank on the entire continent?" Kashi saw the battle raging within the dwarfs' minds and thus went for the kill. The daeben opened his quest log for the first time in forever and made his menu 'visible.' "You should know that we Summoned gain strength through completing quests outlined in our quest log. The quest log can omit the truth, but it never lies." 

"