It took me three years to process losing my parents in such a short time.

Then I also ruined most of the opportunities I had in life, and no one wanted to foster me.

"Is this about James?" I ask, thinking of random questions. It seems that it all started at that first party when I first met her and James threatened her. I always regret being so rude to her but I was too drunk.

"No..." she mutters and I'm not convinced of her answer.

"Just accept that we shouldn't- we wouldn't be- good together... anyway," she stutters and she doesn't even bother to look up while I stare at her.

"I think it's for the best we stop hanging out," she finishes and finally looks up at me and I feel a void in my chest.

"Is that what you want?" I ask her hoping she gives me the answer I want to hear.

She looks at me for a few more seconds and then she nods.

I want to hear her say it, I want her to mean it otherwise there is no point.

I'll continue thinking about her and it will end up like each time she said this to me. She keeps changing her mind and it hurts.

I gently grab her hand in mine and she looks at me with glossy eyes.

"Say it."

She hesitates for a few seconds.

"Yes. I want us to stop talking," she finally speaks and I let go of her hand.

I would be lying if I said it doesn't break my heart.

Why does it have to be so complicated?

~

"Nicole?" I ask to make sure I called the right number.

Dominic gave me her number and I just want to find out what happened to Veronica, it doesn't matter that we won't talk anymore, I just need to know who I should murder.

Obviously joking, all thanks to Dominic.

"Yeah?"

"I'm Derek. I wanted to talk to you about Veronica."

"Oh. Ehm, meet me later at Kaylee's cafeteria- I'll send you the address," she says and I can tell she is quite busy right now so I just agree.

I walk into Kaylee's Cafeteria and it smells nice in here, I have never been here before but it's not far from Ronnie's house.

I see Nicole sitting alone at the table and I sit in front of her.

"Hey," I say and she smiles, she looks exhausted.

At least James will stop bothering her after we 'talked' to him. Well, I talked. Dominic didn't.
It's her cousin, after all. I would do the same but for any stranger.

"Can I have a frappuccino?" she tells the waitress and I also ask for a coffee.

"I know it's kinda weird to have you come here but I also have to tell you something," Nicole says taking me by surprise.