"Okay baby. Not try and get some sleep."

I snuggle into his arms and fall asleep safe in Dimitri's arms. 

~*~

A loud bang followed by an even louder fuck wake me from my nap. I lay there for a moment debating if I should try and get some more sleep, but the pain in my head won't allow me to. With much difficultly I crack an eye open and almost pee myself laughing.

Dimitri is trying to balance a tray laden with food while he picks up a water bottle, the source of the bang. Sure I could help him, but I was enjoying the show. Every time he would move either something would shift on the tray or the bottle would roll. I finally cave to help in fear of the food landing all over the bed.

"Want some help," I ask sitting up on the bed.

Dimitri jumps a little not expecting my voice. "Can you please take this," he hands me the tray without waiting for an answer. I take it from him and set it carefully on the middle of the bed. Since the tray was no longer in his arms he was able to grab the water bottle from off the floor and brightens the room.

I glance over the tray to see what goodies he brought. He made some grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Perfect combination. My mouth water waters in anticipation and my stomach lets out a loud grumble. 

"Thought I'd bring you lunch in bed. Figured we could eat and have our talk," he tells me standing awkwardly at the door as though he fears I'll keep him out.

I pat the open spot on the other side of the bed, "don't just stand there come sit. You can't eat from all the way over there." He needs no more encouragement to join me and soon we are eating the food he brought.

"Almost forgot," he reaches for a container on his table, "your medication." He hands me the pills and I swallow them. Normally I'm not one to take pain pills, but the desire to not have a massive headaches wins.

"Thank you," I pause for a minute glancing at the half eaten food, "for everything."

Dimitri blushes and glances away for a second as though he is slightly embarrassed. "Don't mention it. You would do the same for me."

"I would,"  I confess. When he turns back around a smile graces his lips which I return. "So," I say not sure where to start.

"So," he returns. Seems neither one of us know how to start this soon to be awkward conversation. Currently we are back in our protective bubble and neither one of us wants to be the one to pop it. 

I start to play with the blanket on the bed not wanting to meet his intense gaze. This whole situation is shitty. 

Dimitri jumps from the bed causing the tray to shift on the bed sloshing the soup. "Sorry. Let me take this off the bed for now." He removes the tray and places it on the small couch. Next Dimitri plays music on the Bluetooth speaker keeping the volume low. "I needed some music." He also dims the lights.

Dimitri joins me back on the bed and we are both sitting with out backs against the headboard, but not touching.

He hangs his head in shame, "Skylar I'd understand if you wanted to leave me after the shit I did to you again."

"Dimitri look at me." He refuses my request so I force him and the bleakness in his eyes is my undoing. "Baby," I say more gently, "let me start by saying  yes I'm extremely upset with your behavior, but leaving you never once crossed my mind. You're it for me."

Slowly he raises his hand to cup my face and pull out heads till out foreheads are touching, "I don't deserve you."

"No you don't," I agree with him biting my lip to prevent myself from smiling. I rub my nose against his, "but I'm yours all the same."