Chapter 33: Autumn Wedding

Time flies, it is a week before Kathleen and Kai's wedding, they decided to have their wedding on 27/9, and after all those struggles, Davina is Kathleen's bridesmaid, and Kol is Kai's best man as he wished, Kathleen wanted to invited Stefan and Caroline to their wedding, she also wanted Damon here but considered he almost killed Kai that night if Kathleen didn't get to him on time, so she decided only to invite those two, they like Kai the best, after they got here, Kathleen quickly said hi to Stefan before he joins the boys, and Caroline will stay with the girls to get ready and prepare for the venue, "seriously?! The reason this wedding is starting at 5PM is because you were too lazy to get up early?!" Care semi yelled at her, looking unbelievable, "yes well, better late than skip it right?" She joked.

"So how do I look?" Kathleen spoke as she spins around to show Care her wedding dress, "wow, sweetie you look perfect." Her hands covered her mouth, "thank you", Kathleen smiled, then Care handed her her black laced heels to pair it with her wedding dress, "now I am ready," "who's gonna walk you down the aisle?" She asked, "Elijah. And where is he?" Kathleen looks around trying to look for her uncle, "wow darling, you look beautiful," a familiar male voice appears behind them, "uncle Elijah!" Kathleen ran to give him a hug, "sweetheart you look beautiful," he hugged her then turned to Caroline, "How've you been Caroline? I hope the trip is good, and thank you for coming here," he gave her a small smile, "well it's worth all the hours on the road! I am doing fine, thanks for asking, I hope you're doing well too Elijah," then she looks at Kathleen who's fixing her hair in front of the mirror, "Kath time for me to go there, and you need to go in 15 minutes, don't be late! And remember, you got this!" She pats her shoulders and gave Elijah a nod before walking out of the room.

When Caroline went to the outside area, she sees the guests are all here, chatting to each other, she sees Rebekah with an unfamiliar face, she's a blondie, looks a bit tiny bit older than her, similar height, "hey Caroline!" Rebekah waves at her, "this is Freya Mikaelson, our older sister, she's a witch," then Freya stretches out her hand, "I'm Caroline Forbes, a vampire," she shook her hand, "I heard you from Niklaus before, and you're even more beautiful than I thought." Freya compliments her, "Kol and his girlfriend Davina who is also a witch is the best man and bridesmaid, oh here is Marcel, my boyfriend," she waves at Marcel as she speaks, "a vampire also I guess?" Care turned around and shake his hand, "yes indeed, and you're the famous Caroline Forbes," he smiled, then Stefan joined them from not far holding a glass of champagne in his hand, "Stefan Salvatore, nice to meet you all," he smiles at then, "such a gentleman, just as I remembered," Rebekah said, then they all chuckled. "Did I miss anything?" Hope walk to them, "hey, how are you," Caroline gave her a small hug, "I'm good, thanks Care, I've missed you so much, you should stay in New Orleans longer." "Anyone miss me?" Katherine suddenly appeared, "you're bloody joking," Rebekah gave her a fake smile, but Katherine ignored her, she turned to Caroline giving her a smirk, "I've always liked you the most out of the whole Mystic Falls gang."

After a few minutes, everyone is sitting on their seats, Katherine, Caroline, Stefan is sitting at the front row with the Mikaelsson family, then the officiant starts to welcome everyone to this celebration, after all the preparation work, the band starts playing the slow melody as Kol and Davina appeared, she wrapped her arm around his walking down the aisle, they arrive at the altar where Kai is standing there in a black suit looking dashing, Kol stands behind Kai, Davina went to the opposite side, then Kathleen walks out of the entrance with Elijah escorting her, Kai's eyes start to turn glossy, he never would've dreamed a girl like her would fall for him, he never would've thought he could have his own happy ending one day after all those years of suffering, it all seems so unreal to him, it's all too perfect, everything feels like a dream now.

Your wedding aesthetic