Chapter 28: Hostage

"Tell us about it more please, Elijah." Kathleen asked during their family dinner, Elijah looks at Freya letting her explain it more, "Lucien Castle, he's with Aurora at their penthouse now, and I suggest that you guys stay here before I figured out how to undo the spell, they created a serum, a piece of the white oak, my blood and an engineered strain of werewolf venom from each of the seven original werewolf bloodlines, they drink it before they kill themselves like how a vampire was turned, but instead of vampire blood, you drink the serum, then you become the most powerful creature." Freya explained, "more like a beast, if you ask me." Elijah opened his mouth, she never seen this much of hatred and disgust in his eyes before, "And the man that pretended to be a family friend, but actually hated us for an eternity, has turned himself into some creature. Here which, for all we know, could be the bloody beast the prophecy said would end us!" Kol suddenly said, Davina out her hand on his, "we will figure something out Kol."

"So this guy can't be killed with white oak stake either?" Hope asked, turned to Kol, "no, not if you remove the curse first." Kol said, "then we will just find a way to remove his curse, before that, we just need to try not to piss him off right?" Hope asked, "yea but the thing is, his hatred towards Klaus...He will latch it onto you two now since him and Hayley is gone, it's our top priority to keep you two safe, and he wants to rule New Orleans, he seeks dominance, he wants to prove that he's better than Klaus, he sees everyone Klaus was close with as a threat, even Kai." Rebekah snapped, "Kai? But he just got here, let alone run the city." Kathleen found it ridiculous now, 'if you loves the city so much why not kill everyone living in it', she thinks, "yes, because he's a powerful heretic, and there's only a few left, the others are in Mystic Falls, the most powerful one is here, and now you two are back." Rebekah calmed down a bit, "sorry about just now." She cleared her throat, "how about this, you three can go travel for a while if you want, until we settle this, after we make sure New Orlean is safe again we will call you, I don't want my favorite nieces and her fiancé to get hurt." Kol smiles at them, "that'll be a good idea, consider it tonight."

They look at each other, "we will stay, if we are at war, we want to help, and we are witches, it will take some weight off of Freya and Davina's shoulder, if my dad and mom is here, I don't think he would want us to chicken out either, remember how they always taught us to fight for your families before?" Kathleen looks at Kol, then turned to Elijah, "ok you'll stay, but the second things got out of hands, we are sending you to San Fransisco." Elijah failed at persuading them again, they definitely have Klaus's stubbornness, "there's something else I need to tell you, now listen carefully, his bite could kill anyone, even tribrid or siphoner, unlike regular werewolf bite, there's no cure to his venom, nor you could siphon it, so promise me you will be careful." Elijah looks at them, he never looks this worried before either, you can almost sense the fear in him. "we promise." Hope said, tries to give him some comfort, "I casted a spell in this house, no other supernatural beings or human can come in, so it's very safe in here. You can sleep with your eyes closed kiddo." Freya jokes around, lighten up the mood.

The next day morning, Kathleen wakes up around 10, she heard some noise coming from downstairs, probably Freya is doing some spells or something, she saw Kai is still lying next to her, snoring a little, she run her fingers through his hair, observing his face, he looks like a baby when he's asleep, totally harmless, and his lips look so soft, she never noticed how long his eyelashes are, Kai slowly opens his eyes, "morning little wolf." He said in his morning voice, lower, more magnetic than usual, only his voice alone can just easily turn her on, she felt the fuzziness, warmness in her stomach again, a smile slowly appeared on both of their faces, "morning beautiful", she laughed, then he planted a long, soft kiss on her forehead before start spooning her, "I love you." He said while being the big spoon, "I've never knew I will actually spooning someone I love before." He looks at her, kissing her again, "what is it with all the sweet talk today?" She looks up, "and likewise, you are the first person I said I love you to in case you didn't know." She sent him a wink, "yea me too, I'm saying the truth, even when I used to sleep with girls before the prison world, I didn't love them, you're my first love, and the only love in my life." She stares into his eyes as he talks, then she presses her lips against his, kissing him softly. "I think we should get down there help them with the spell." She said, then he gives her a sad pout again, "stop being so cute Parker," she snorts, "as long as it makes you happy, queen," Then he saw the blush on her cheeks.