Chapter 5: You mad woman

When Kathleen woke up from her dream, she felt sad, empty, it is a feeling she doesn't know how to describe, the dream was so sweet, like heaven, it only makes the reality look more harsh and cruel as it already is, she got up and went straight into the shower, enjoying her hot shower, trying to relax and cheer herself up a bit. After around 30 minutes, she came out with a towel wrapped around her body, then she sees a smiling Kai sitting on her bed, she yelled at him "wth are you doing here, I could be naked, you little jerk!" Kai smirks, and said "that's why I came into your bedroom in the first place, haha kidding." He said as he saw the expression on Kathleen's face, shock mixed with anger, she stood there not saying anything. "I made some pancakes." He said, "Ok, I am gonna go down there after I changed, and thanks for the breakfast, although I would appreciate it more if you knock first." She said then she rolled her eyes, he only laughed then he walks out of her room and closing the door, Kathleen can hear his heartbeat outside her door, assumes he is waiting for her to get dressed then go down there together.

She found a white oversized T shirt in Damon's bedroom, surprisingly Damon has T shirts that are not dark colors she thinks, then she put on her own denim shorts and went to the bathroom to dry her hair a bit then brush it. After she's done, she opens the door and saw Kai turned his face to her direction, and now they are face to face and standing super close to each other, she can feel his breath, after a few second, he broke the silence, "you look good today, like the shirt you are wearing." He said, she chuckles and said "thanks, I found it in Damon's drawer." "Although, the shirt is gonna look much better on my bedroom floor." She heard him saying, he knows that she would get shy and blushing whenever he says something like that, but he enjoys messing with her so much, seeing her reaction, it is so cute and funny to him.

She pretends she didn't hear what he said, and just pushed him away then starts to walk toward downstairs to the kitchen, he chuckles and follows her, he saw the blush on her cheeks, her rosy cheeks.

While they eat, Kathleen kept zoning out without even realizing, she cannot stop thinking about the dream she had last night, it felt so real, almost too real, she can still remember all the details, and people like her don't usually have meaningless dream, it is usually has some meaning or messages behind it, 'maybe I just miss them too much' she thought, "are you alright, little wolf?" Kai's voice dragged her back to the reality, she looked up and meet his eyes, "yea, I am alright." She answered, and tried to hide the fact that she is far from alright, she miss them so much, she kept holding it in, she didn't grief, she put a mask in front of everyone, even to Hope sometimes, there was only a few times when she couldn't hold it anymore so she broke down in Hope's arms at night, the last time she broke down was when she snapped and killed all those innocent people, and got sent here by the dear old Gemini Coven.

"Ok, liar." Kai said, he doesn't know her too well just yet, but well enough to tell the fact that she is lying, "you know if you wanna talk, I am here, and I won't judge." He winks at her, "Ok, thanks but I just don't feel like talking, at least not now." She said as looking into his eyes, 'those gorgeous eyes' she thought. "I am full, and thanks for everything again, btw the pancakes were really good." She said, he laughed and said "Had 18 years to coming out with the perfect recipe, I will go find you after I put everything away. Go take a walk if you want, looks like someone really need it." He jokes around, she chuckles and started to walk towards the front door, "be back in 40 minutes Parker."

She went straight inside the woods, her mom used to take her to the woods whenever she doesn't feel good, so she can let it out without killing anyone, she miss the good time, the bad time, the bad time doesn't even feel that bad when her mom is with her, but now she is gone, they will never see each other again since she is immortal, and probably no one can kill her, she just feels so hopeless whenever she thinks about the fact that she is immortal and she doesn't fit in with anyone except with Hope and her parents, she wanna die and go find her parents but she can't, she found herself standing in front of the lake with tears on her cheeks, she didn't even realize that she was crying, she wiped the tears from her face, and she felt the urge to scream, she did because there is no one here anyway, so she doesn't need to worry about killing anyone, as she screams, there is a wave going through the woods like wind, the ground was shaken up a bit, 'good, I just caused a mini earthquake', she thinks, but she does feel much better after she let it all out.

She started to walk back to the Salvatore house, as she enters the front door, she found Kai is sitting on the couch reading the newspaper, "oh didn't expect you to be back so soon." She heard him saying, "and what is the mini earthquake, was it you?, all good I hope." he asked, "yea it was, and I felt much better so I came back." She said, "Wow you mad woman, impressive with that earthquake not gonna lie." He said with a laugh, "Yea thank you very much." She said sarcastically.

He asked her does she wanna go grocery shopping with him which she said yes and now they are on their way to the store, on their way there, he kept talking and messing with her, "do you ever stop talking?" She said, "Hmmm nope, just get used to it little wolf." He said, her smile dropped after she heard him calling her 'little wolf', she doesn't really mind about him calling her that, in fact she finds it cute, but it just reminds her about her dad used to call her mom little wolf as well, "Hello?" He waved his hand in front of her face as she zoning out again, "Sorry." She snapped back, "You sure you are ok? or are you on your period, I heard women get mentally unstable and pull a psycho and having huge mood swings when they are on their period." She heard him saying, she rolled her eyes and said "I am ok and I am a tribrid so I don't get period idiot." Then she pushes the door open and walk into the store, "ok mad woman" He whispered, " I can hear you, little siphon." She said.

He grabbed some pork rinds and Zima, and some food he is planning to use for dinner, " You like Zima too?" She asked, "Yep they are my favorite, and don't be jealous." He said, she rolled her eyes again and said "Grab me some as well." She likes them as well, and she got some candy and opened a lollipop, then put it in her mouth, cherry flavored, her favorite, as she grabs a bottle of tequila she heard him saying "Uh no, put it down,you are underage." She laughed, it is not like they are in the real world and she is a tribrid, it is not like she is a normal innocent underage teenage girl, "shut up Parker, it is not like I am 5." He looks at her and said, "says the girl who has a lollipop in her mouth." She rolled her eyes again and ignored him, "did you just roll your eyes at me?" He asked.

"Yea I did it like a million times, duh." She said, then she saw him walking towards her, back her up then pinning her against the wall, and staring her into her eyes, he never realized how beautiful her brown eyes are, they stare at each others' eyes, then into each others' souls... Then he did something she never thought he would do in a million year, he kissed her forehead, she looks so shock as if she just saw a ghost for the first time or something like that. "you can bring the tequila with you if you want, just don't get too drunk babe, or else who knows what are we gonna do in my bedroom, or yours." He whispered next to her ears. Her face is so red, she can felt the heat on her cheeks, it is like she is having a fever or something, she pushes him away and said "I won't" then quickly ran away, he chuckles and follows her. On the way home, she didn't say anything, when she got home she just went to her bedroom straight way, leaving Kai in the living room.

'Did I scare her? Should I check up on her or should I leave her alone for a moment? I don't want her to motus me across the room, and ew what is feeling, why do I feel like there is something in my stomach, probably I ate too much pancakes, I don't have feelings, I can't, I am a sociopath, can't ruin my reputation.' He thinks

'Wtf, I just embarrassed the shit out of myself, does he like me, no, no way, he is a sociopath, they don't feel, if he can murder his siblings then he can hurt me someday, and why do I find him attractive, ew wtf, no, I am not suppose to, Hope is gonna kill me if she knows I like him, and why is the heat on my face not going away, I need to wash my face, jeez, what is this.' She thinks as she walking towards her bathroom.

After the delicious dinner he cooked for them, they are sitting on the floor in front of the fire, and drink tequila together, " I am gonna go to the basement and grab a blood bag." She said, he nodded, as she opened the freezer, she grabbed a AB positive and went back upstairs, he started to ask her stupid questions like "can you just running around mystic falls in the wolf form, that would be pretty dope." She had to answer his dumb questions, and she never realized she will find a serial killer/sociopath childish.