Chapter 27: Home, sweet home

"Wake up!!! We are leaving in 40 minutes!!!" Hope yelled outside their bedroom, "ughh why?!" Kathleen groaned while rubbing her eyes, "I am the driver and I am not even complaining, so get your shit together." Kai said next to her, "have I ever told you how mean you are?" She rolled her eyes at him, "alright you didn't, I am gonna go get ready so you can finish your packing, then while you are in the bathroom, I am gonna get our bags and Hope's bags as well downstairs, so much of being the best husband huh?" He looks at her raised one of his eyebrows, she kissed him on his cheek, playing with his shirt, "yes, and as being a good wife, how are you feeling today, after the transition?" She looks at him, "well better, I can hear things clearly, and all that jazz." "and I need to tell you this, all your emotions will be heightened so just be prepared alright?" She told him, he did a salute to her before he heads to the bathroom, he heard her cute laughters.

Kathleen got out of her bed, start packing again, she is feeling lots of emotions right now, even she doesn't really like Mystic Falls gang now, but they did have some good memories, like the time they all went to the Salvatore's for Christmas, Caroline, Elena, Damon, Stefan, and Bonnie, they all spent Christmas's Eve and the actual Christmas together, she remembers how Care was telling everyone not to mess up the kitchen, but Damon started the food fight with Bonnie, and then she joined, Hope joined, she remember how mad Caroline was, but in the end she joined them too, she threw a giant bowl of batter on Damon's head, and Stefan cracked at least 5 eggs on her head, then they had to team up to clean the kitchen, and Damon was complaining for the whole time, and Bonnie was using her magic to cheat, she remember Damon and Bonnie fight the most, more like bicker, for example, Bonnie would complain about Damon's insults and sarcastic comments, then Damon would flip out even more, sometimes she calls him drama queen, everyone agrees with her, even Elena. She doesn't get why everyone can forgive Damon for what he did to Caroline before she turned, he knew she is Elena's best friend, he would still fed on her, used her as his own personal human blood bag, and compelled her to forget, even compelled her to steal for him, then after Katherine turned her, he tried to kill her, but thank god Elena stood in front of Care, and Stefan, his ripper phase, killed countless of people for his own joy, even the good old saint Elena turned it off after her brother died, went on a killing spree, they all seem to look past that, only because they apologized? Kai was changing too, why do they expect him, who was rejected by his own family since he was born only because he was a different type of witch becoming to a saint who wanna save everyone and risk his life for people he doesn't even care about in one night, he might be nervous or shy to show it to everyone, but she knows he truly wanted to change, then Bonnie just left him in a prison world that's full of heretics in it, she just can't figure out why all of them expect him to be good but they can betray them anytime he wants, and if he revenge, then he's a irredeemable piece of trash, he might be different, or even broken, but that's what makes him, him, special. However they just don't see what she sees, so everything is different now, she doesn't regret her decisions, including what she did last night, she doesn't need the whole Mystic Falls gang, she only needs her real family, which includes Kai Parker, but she has to admit she will miss Caroline and Stefan, only these two didn't do anything bad to him, when they first knew about her and Kai, they were pretty chilled about it, unlike the rest of them...

"Hey baby did you finish packing yet?" He came out of the bathroom with a towel wiping on his face, "not yet but give me 5 minutes", she smiled at his direction, "do you want me to help you?" He suggested, "sure", then she moved to the side a little giving him more space, "so, are you planning to sell this house, or are we coming back in the future?" He rambles while folding her clothes, "I'm not gonna sell it but we don't have to come back." She gave him a smile, after a while they finished packing, she went to the bathroom to clean up, he carries those bags and Hope's bags to the living room, putting them near the door, "what's the plan after we arrive in New Orleans?" He asked Hope, "well, Elijah didn't say what exactly we are gonna do, but we are definitely safe, so we can just chill in there, you can go look around with Kathleen, it's pretty cool there, just don't get into any fights with the vampires, that's when things will be ugly." Hope said, then they both laughed, "alright noted, but no promises."