Chapter 22: The yellow diamond

The next morning Liv knocks on their door, Kathleen opened the door, "hey you looking for Hope?" She asked, "yea." "Come in, she'll be down here in a minute." Kathleen invites her in, Kai comes out from the kitchen, looking at Liv, 'the awkward silence', Kathleen thinks, "you know I don't blame you for Luke's decision." Liv broke the silence, "thanks, it means a lot, and actually while you're here, I have something I need to give to you, just wait here for a sec." He rushes towards upstairs, looking for the letter he wrote last night, then Liv saw him coming back downstair with two envelops in his hand, "alright this is for you and can you please pass this one to Jo? I just feel really bad after the merge, thinking about how your life is ruined and Jo's, so I figured you should know how sorry I am for that." His voice starts to sounds shaking as he speaks, he looks at the ground trying to avoid Liv's eye contact, "ok I will, but just know that I don't blame you for what happened." She gave him a smile, "hey", Hope said, Liv turned around, "hey", Kathleen dragged Kai to the door, "we will give you guys some space, and we need to go to the grill anyway." "We are?" "Shut up and put on your jacket."

Hope broke the silence, "I'm sorry for what happened, truly." She looks at Liv, Hope looks hurt, Liv suddenly has the urge to hold her but she didn't, "thanks, I'm sorry too." Her eyes stare into Hope's eyes, "if there's anything I can do please let me know, I hope that you won't hate me but if you do, I totally get it." She said, "I would never hurt you, Luke made that decision himself, no one forced him to, I am just grieving." Liv said as she put her hand on the side of her arm just like Hope did to her before.

"2 burgers, a beer, wait no 3 burgers, 2 beers, oh hot dog, dog me, and are the fries good, I remember them being a bit soggy." Kai ordered, "can you even finish all these?" Kathleen asked, "hey I'm starving here." Kai said back, then he finally finished ordering, he lays his back against the booth, his expression suddenly changed, "what's wrong?" Kathleen furrowed her brows, then Kai starts vomiting blood, "omg, wtf." She jumped, then he grabbed a pile of tissues running to the bathroom, a few minutes later he came back, he looks pale, almost lifeless, "I need Jo's magic." He told her before she could say anything, then he reached his phone in his pocket, dialing Jo's number, but she hanged up on him, "come on I's driving you there." Kathleen said, Kai doesn't have any other choice other than letting her drive so he gave her the car key.

Suddenly Jo and Alaric hear their doorbell is ringing, Alaric went to open the door, seeing Kai is standing there, closing it, but Kathleen popped out from the side,"what do you want kiddo?" He asked her, "wait wait wait wait, look, I know you hate me but I really need to see my sister." Kai said weakly, "I think she will pass." Before Alaric could shut the door again, Jo came out of the bathroom looking sick too, "what are you doing here?" Jo asked, standing in the living room crossing her arms, "I called to tell you was sick and you—you hang up on me." He said as he resting his body against the door frame, Kathleen tries to hold him still, "because I have food poisoning, did the sound of me vomiting on the other end of the line not clue you in?" She walks towards them, Kai let out a sigh, "look, there's an issue that I have been worried about since the merge, because we didn't really do it right, you know the whole "you're not my twin hey that's close enough" plan? It worked, which is you know, cool, hey I'm even a little nice now in case you are wondering." He turned to Alaric, "but I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop, and well, I think it's dropped, because I'm—Where's the bathroom?" He suddenly choked up, 'oh no', Kathleen grabbed the vase next to him then he starts to vomit blood again. "Oh god" Jo and Alaric both jumped, after he finished throwing up blood, he looked up at them, "I don't think you have food poisoning."

Jo drives them to the hospital, checking Kai, "any joint pain?" She asked, Kai mumbled something, "headaches?" "yep." Jo leaned back, "are you pregnant?" Kathleen laughed by accident, then her hand went to cover up her mouth, "sorry", she added, "stop making jokes," Kai said, "I feel like I'm being scrunched from inside out, this is kind of private, does your baby boo need to be here." He said as Jo is looking into his ear, "does yours? I am not leaving her alone with you, so deal with it." Alaric said, Kai laughed a little then gave Kathleen a wink, "ok your vitals are fine, your temperature is normal, I'll wait on pathology but there's nothing medically wrong with you." Jo said, Kai looked down and rolled his eyes then looking at Jo again, "yea duh, because I am magically diseased. You haven't puked in at least—" He suddenly stopped, Jo went to grab the bin as he starts vomiting blood again, he leaned down and accidentally grabbing her arm as he pukes into the bin, she groans in pain, Alaric went to pull her away from him, he dropped the bin, "woah, I feel better." He gets up, "yea cause you juice boxed my magic." Jo said to him, "sorry about that, that was an accident. But I— I legitimately feel better. You need to give me your magic" He stood up, "what?" Jo looks at him, he grabs a tissue to wipe his mouth, "this faux merge, is clearly failing because I was supposed to get your magic, right? Just—I don't know—put it in a teddy bear or a bed pan, or whatever and give me." He put his hand in the middle of the air, Alaric took his hand in his own hand, ready to squeeze it, "listen I could just easily break 7 little bones—" Suddenly Kathleen grabbed his collar smashing him onto the wall, "damn you're feisty." Kai looks at her chuckling, "and as a tribrid I can do more than that so I suggest you watch your word with my boyfriend, and don't forget about my anger issues." Then she looks at Jo, Kai hold her hands try to calm her down, "it's fine sweetheart." He looks to Ric who just got back on his feet, "here's the thing you need to know, is that Jo only survives if I do, ok, and if that's not enough for you, you know the power that binds the prison worlds comes from the leader of the Gemini Coven, if I die the worlds collapse, alright? I see vacancy, would you like me to start over with single syllables?" Kai said, Alaric rubbed his temples, then looking back at Kai, "did you say prison worlds, as in more than one?""Has no one ever mention that?" He looks at them, "ok I will give you my magic then you will leave me alone, promise?" Jo said to him, "deal." "Meet us at my apartment tonight, 7PM." Jo said before she leaves with Alaric.

"Prison worlds?" Kathleen asked him, "yea there are two prison worlds, one is 1994, which where I met you, the other one is 1903, Lily Salvatore is in there, and we have to get her back later, because Damon called me the day earlier, your gal pal Clarice shut off her humanity with Steven, and I told Damon about this prison world then Damon thinks his mom can help getting his brother's humanity back." Kai explained to Kathleen as they heading back to their car, "why did you drag yourself in this, they could be planning to ditch you in there." Kathleen said, she knows the gang too well, "they wouldn't be asking you for no reason, they have a Bennet witch, they could just ask you for the ascendant instead of asking you to go there with them, use your head Parker." She sound a bit angry, "it's fine, I'm sure they won't do that, I told them I've changed. You can go with me if you want, the gilded age, but it's really cold though." He tried to lighten up the mood, "ok fine, but promise this is the last time you put your life in danger." She puts up her pinky in front of him, "yea I promise this is the last time I will put my life in danger for them but not for you, Mrs Parker." He puts up his pinky as well, "wait what did you just call me?!" "Mrs Parker, why, you don't like it?" He winks at her, "no I don't." She pretends to look mad, then he panicked, "umm I am new at this, then forgot I said it, sorry." He brushes through his hair anxiously not knowing what to do, then she pulls him in for a big hug, screaming next to his ears, "because I love it!" Then he picked her up, spinning around, "I love you too." He said, then he put her down, getting down on his knee and pulling a velvet box out of his pocket, "I was actually planning to do it today morning, putting the ring on your finger then breakfast in bed, but then Liv showed up and I start vomiting, so now I am proposing in am empty parking lot, but I promise I will make it up to you." Then he opened the box, it's a pear shaped yellow diamond ring, surrounded by the white diamond, exactly like the one Hope showed her before, "how did you—" Her hand cover up her mouth, "Hope told me, and I always knew you wouldn't like the ordinary diamond so I got you this, pretty classy if you ask me. So, Kathleen Rebekah Mikaelson, do you wanna marry me?" He said, "yea I do!" Then he put the ring on her ring finger, then picked her up again kissing her. "I would really love to continue this but I don't wanna cough blood on you so let's continue tonight." He said, putting a strand of her hair back to her ear.