Chapter 32: The Mikaelson Ball

Days goes by really quickly, they need to prepare for the Mikaelson ball that's coming up tomorrow, "you can't see my outfit though, it will ruin the surprise," she rubbed Kai's cheek, "fine but you can't see mine either," Kai pouts, "what are you? Five?" "Yea, more or less." She bursts out of laughters, "anyway, you will be my date, and we will leave together, by that not with the rest of the Mikaelsons, we all leave in pair and enter in pair too, Kol will enter with Davina, Elijah with Katherine, Freya with her date, same with Hope and Kol with Davina, we will be the last to enter as a new couple after Rebekah introduced us, think of it as your hi society ball." Kathleen explain, "ok now I'm nervous," Kai chuckles, "don't worry, I will walk you through everything tomorrow, I was nervous too when my dad threw me a ball when I was 16, but you will get the hang of it." She messes up his hair as she speaks. "Besides you can ask Elijah for outfit opinions, he's good with suit." She laughed.

Elijah explained more about it to Kai, like how it works, how long it will be...Rebekah seems excited too, "have you picked your dress yet, I might need some help with my dress, so do you mind choosing it with me?" Kathleen asks her, "Sure, my pleasure sweetheart, and I picked one already, I can show you afterwards." "Great, and Katherine is coming, so please don't try to kill her." Kathleen joked, "alright, only for Elijah." Then she laughed as well, Kathleen walked to her room with Rebekah helping her with the dress, and Hope is with Freya and Davina, doing the same thing, the boys are together picking their suits as well, actually it's Elijah picking their suit for them to be exact, no one loves suits more than him.

"How about this one?" Rebekah turned to Kathleen with the dress she just pulled out from a gift box, it's a silver, sparkly long dress, "wow, it looks like Cinderella's gown," she covered her mouth with her hand, amazed by the dress, Rebekah's eyes start to become sparkly as she saw how amazed Kathleen is, "are you alright?" She asked Rebekah, "yes, no worries, now come on, try it on, I am sure you will look perfect in this." She handed her niece the dress she was holding, Kathleen went to put it on, it fits her perfectly, not too long, not too short, it feels like someone made it for her, but Rebekah couldn't have enough time to find someone to make it a dress like this in a few days time, she shook the thought out of her head, 'stop overthinking' she thought, she walked out of the closet, Rebekah saw her beloved niece in this dress, "darling, you out did all those disney princess!" She laughed, "thanks, always trusted your taste." Then Rebekah handed her a jewelry box, "I got it for you, think of it as your engagement gift." She thanked her aunt then opened the box, "holy, no way, this is way too expensive, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I can't take this." She said as she saw the diamond necklace lying in the box, "well do you like it?" Rebekah tilted her head smiling at her, "I love it, but —" "Then take it, please, I want you to have it," Rebekah said, she saw Kathleen hesitating, "just save me a front row seat on your wedding," she added, Kathleen knew Rebekah won't give up until she actually take the necklace, "no problem, I think I'm gonna wear it with the dress for the ball." She gave Rebekah a small but bright smile, then she saw Rebekah nodded then stood up from her bed, "come on, I will show you my dress," Kathleen put the necklace back in the box then left the box on her nightstand following Rebekah.

" She gave Rebekah a small but bright smile, then she saw Rebekah nodded then stood up from her bed, "come on, I will show you my dress," Kathleen put the necklace back in the box then left the box on her nightstand following Rebekah