Chapter 12~Shifting Moods

Start from the beginning

   Rogue pursed her lips before nodding.

   "What was my mate injected with?" I shot out that question before anyone else could speak, but by the look in everyone's eyes and the nodding, they wanted to know just as much as me.

   "I rather not--"

   "Sis...enough with the secrecy and shit our father has forced in your mind. Answer the fucking question." Cormic didn't have time for the long drowned out version of her story and neither did I.

   "Its not about me being in our father's control. Its--you can't bring up certain things. Your trying to open a door no one wants open."

   "Its too late for that." Mckayla crossed her arms over her chest, leaning against a tree. "Rogue," I could hear empathy in her voice as she said Rogue's name with a sigh. "Your father has already opened that door. They need to be prepared for the future."

   Rogue lips curled, exposing teeth, lowly snarling as her eyes glued to Mckayla a few seconds longer and then to everyone else. "My father wants to build a new race."

   "That's been made clear of," Jerome stated wolfishly.

   Mckayla snapped her head to him.

   "Jerome...not now," I ordered. I hated playing the Prima role sometimes.

   "Several years ago my brother brought you to us. He stated that you were a lone wolf who needed guidance." I didn't understand her point to this but I stayed quiet as I knew she was referring to Mckayla. "My father knew who you were the moment you came into our home."

  Rogue looked off to the distant the grayish-blue sky as a light breeze swept through her dark long hair. I could see why Mckayla had fallen for her. I was brave enough to at least admit to myself she was exotically beautiful. Rogue's curvy eyes caught me staring and smiled lightly. That caught me off guard and I blushed feeling embarrassed for staring too long.

   She continued. "My father thought you were the answers to his prayers. That you would lead his wolves when he could no longer. Only half my bloodline is strong...but you have a full source of power in you."

   "We get it...that's why you loved her. But you telling us this is doing nothing for us," Bran blurted out. After being half dead for a few days Bran's personality harden a notch. Maybe two notches.

   "My point is...you were special. Your blood is special. During the whole year you was with us, he drew blood out of you."

   "Yes...he said it was something to do with my blood healing other Weres faster and it being built as a defense for our kind." Mckayla straightened up as her eyes narrowed on Rogue. "If one of our kind was to get her, one injection could heal them quicker. My father taught me that, so I believed that's what he intended to do."

   "At first...yes. But he found a way to doctor it to a better use," Rogue answered.

   "So...our father used Mckayla's blood against...her?" Confusion was stretched along his face as he squinted his eyes at her.

   I was at a lost too. "That doesn't make sense."

   "No." Rogue fell silent and then looked straight into my eyes. He used a small portion of Mckayla's blood and merged it with another kind."

   "What the fuck does that mean?" Marie now asked.

   Though Jace and Marie weren't in our pack, they had much right to knowing the truth for their sake as well.

   Mckayla staid quiet allowing Rogue to do the answering.

   "Kayla's blood is mixed with another kind," Rogue said vaguely.