Why me

Diego P.O.V

Whenever I was alone I trained myself the best I can. Sometimes I wanted to quit but I know my dad would tell me not let myself down.

I wasn't doing full pointal when I was in the duel. After a weeks has passed there weren't much news.

As I continued my regular routine. Then I called back to the palace. It was strange because I was kicked out of the palace and that I humiliated in front of everybody.

When I entered back to the palace. To the hall of throne.

I asked, "Why you called me my king?"

The king responded, "Well many nobles were telling me to give you a second chance."

"Why?"

"Well they told me that you weren't using full pointal."

"So?"

The king responded, "If you want to be a royal guard. You have to fight someone from prison."

I asked, "What do you mean exactly?"

Then the king clapped and a large saber came. He looks intimidating and strong. He has a scar in his face.

I looked at the king then Shira came and saw me.

The king spoke, "To be a royal guard you have to kill him or he will."

I asked, "Is this a entertainment?"

"Exactly."

Shira smiles at me and like she was wanting me a death wish. The prisoner was out of his chains and grabs a sword. I was ready to fight in a few minutes the prisoner was on the ground.

The king spoke, "Kill him or he will."

I looked at the prisoner and he looks scared of death. I withdraw back my sword.

I spoke, "I won't kill him. I would rather fight in a battlefield than being used in entertainment."

The prisoner gets up and punches me. Luckily I was wearing my helmet. I get up quickly and knock him out by kicking him in the head.

I started walking away from the throne knowing it was the right thing to do.

Shira spoke, "Dad he can be my guardian."

"Alright. Diego come back."

I turned around and I spoke, "Yes?"

"You are going to be guardian of my daughter."

Now I'm to live in the palace. I had to watch over her whenever she goes out. When I had alone time. I began to think I'm just an ordinary saber.

Then Shira spoke behind me, "Hey."

I turned around and spoke, "Yes?"

"You are Diego right?"

"Yeah."

"I remembered someone named like that from childhood."

"Okay."

"When I looked at you. You looked familiar."

"Maybe."

"Any way tell me about yourself."

I spoke, "Well I was like homeless boy. I was happy with my family. My dad..."

Then I shut my mouth. I was wanting to cry who I can share my sorrow. I didn't want to be like sensitive.

I spoke, "Sorry I had sad story in my life."

Shira spoke, "Okay.. tell me about your favorite moments."

I didn't know why Shira is being kind to me. I'm just barely her guardian.

I asked, "Why you ask me this kind of questions? Do you talk to your other guardians?"

Shira responded, "No, but you are different from others. Not your appearance but your personality."

"How did you noticed my personality?"

"Well, we laughed at you and you kept your mouth shut acted as normal. Many would be angry. Tell me is it true that you father was a friend of my dad?"

I responded, "To be honest yes. My dad was a great friend of the king. My dad..."

I looked down at the ground not wanting to cry.

Shira lifts my chin up and looks at me.

Shira spoke, "It seems you are having hard time what happened to your dad."

"Yeah I rather not talk about it."

Shira seems to understand what I think. Then Shira seems to think of something.

I asked, "Are thinking you to marry a prince someday?"

Shira looks at me and started blushing.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. See you all next time! Go fast cheetah!