Lost

Diego P.O.V

A one year has passed. I didn't really see Shira. Maybe she has things to do. Until one day something happened.

The king declared war on another kingdom. Men were needed this could be a chance my dad can get something for us.

My dad had to train for the war. My mom didn't want my dad to go. But there was no other choice.

After a few months my dad to leave. I went to hug my dad and I cried.

My dad spoke, "Listen son whatever happens please take care of your mom. I know you are special don't let anything let you down."

I spoke, "I will dad."

Then my dad joined his company. I watched my dad leaving while the king was leading them.

As time passed I would be alone thinking about my dad. I was hoping he'll come back. A several months has pass. I saw the king and his army coming back from the war.

It seems they won and brought bounty. I began to think about my dad. As the day passed my dad never came.

It was night my mom seems depressed and desperate. I was sad that my dad never come back. Then we heard someone knocking out door.

My mom went to open it. Then my mom spoke to me.

"Diego come over the king is here."

I obeyed my mom order and saw I was close to the king. He also seems sad. I thought the king should be happy for winning a war and celebrating in his palace.

My mom asked, "What is it my king?"

The king responded, "I'm sorry for your loss miss. Your husband died in the final battle."

My mom cried in tears. I also tears coming out of my eyes.

The king spoke, "Your husband saved me from the death."

Flashback

3rd P.O.V

The king was fighting against the enemy. One of the enemy shots an arrow at the king. Diego's father interfered the arrow.

The king saw it how his faithful soldier took an arrow for him. Diego's father fell into the king's arms.

Diego's father spoke, "My... king tell my family ... I love them."

The king spoke, "You'll be okay. You been like a great friend of mine. You told me great stories. We laughed together. You'll make it home buddy."

"No ...my king. I won't be able to make it. It's... an honor to fight with my king... be able to be a friend."

Then Diego's father died as he closed his eyes. The king saw his good friend died for him.

End of flashback

The king spoke in sadness, "Your husband is great saber also a great friend of mine. He would be honest with me."

Then the king gave my mom my dad's armor and his sword. Then my mom was crying nonstop. The only thing I could do is to hug my mom.

Then the king leaves. I know that our lives would be never the same. After a few days the king was giving us money and food.

My mom didn't want it, but she knew it would be better for me. To able to be someone in life. After a couple of weeks the king sends a message to me.

The messenger spoke, "I got word from the king. He asks you if you want to be soldier like his father."

I looked at my mom and she nods.

I responded, "Sure."

"Okay. We'll prepare you and after the training you can go home."

I know my dad would be proud of me. That I have something in life.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I'm sorry if it was too sad. See you all next time! Go fast cheetah!