He climbs into the drivers seat and sets off, speeding through the taxis and crowds of traffic.

"What's your name sorry, I didn't catch it"

"Thomas, how was your flight"

"Long, how far away is Lisa?"

"We'll be there in about five, is there anything else I can help you with?"

"okay, no there isn't, thanks though Thomas"

I pull out my phone and check my socials, growing through my twitter comments and sending Cara a text, letting her know I'm in New York and I'll call and Uber once I'm done.

She doesn't know who Lisa is or where I'm going but she'll have to find out eventually. Thankfully she didn't ask too many questions when I said I didn't need her to pick me up from the airport.

I glance down at my outfit, oversized hoodie and joggers with my converse. this isn't very appropriate for a meeting but she insisted I needed to see her as soon as I landed.

Ive never met Lisa in person. She's my manager and we've been communicating through text messages, phone calls and video chats.

I need to remember to get a US phone number.

I reach for the hair tie on my wrist and throw my hair up in a messy bun.

"We're here"

I look out of the window and see a plain looking building, I mean I'm not sure what I was expecting.

It's a typical tall, New York building, the plain logo small on the front.

Brooks Publishing.

I climb out of the car and take my bags from Thomas, thanking him before walking up to the front desk.

The interior is fancy as hell and I feel out of place in my sweatpants.

"Hi I have an appointment with Lisa, I'm Gabrielle"

"Oh yes, you can leave your bags here, she's in room two, just down the hall to the right, she's waiting"

"Thank you so much"

I grab my handbag and take a deep breath, walking down the hall and stopping outside her door.

I knock on the door and steady my breathing, hearing footsteps walking closer to the door.

"Gabrielle! It's so lovely to finally meet you in person"

Oh. And she's hugging me.

Chill the fuck out Gabrielle, it's just a hug.

"Hi Lisa"

"Come in, sit down, how was your flight?"

"long but I slept most of it"

"Do you need anything before we start? There's a lot we need to get through as you know"

"No I'm okay thanks"

"Have you heard of Finneas O'Connell?"

"The song writer? Yeah"

"Fantastic, well he's contacted me through his manager and wants to talk to you about potentially co writing a song with him and his sister"

"Billie and Finneas want me to write a song with them?"

"Yes, I've spoken briefly with them and Billie loves the book and really wants to meet with you"

"But-"

"I know you don't want to reveal your identity which I've mentioned to Finneas and Billie has said she wanted to talk to you first, this could be really good for you Gabby"