| Realization |

IT WAS SATURDAY

IT WAS SATURDAY. Khadija always went grocery shopping on weekends and weirdly enough, she looked forward to it. She was dressed in a simple gown with a matching veil covering her upper half. Zaheer spent the day with Jamal so she had some time to herself.

Khadija forgot she was married sometimes considering she wasn't in a perfect one, not to mention her husband was still seeing other people so it did add up.

Putting the car in park, Khadija slid out of her car with her wallet and phone in hand pressing on the locks as she walked towards her destination.

Walking into the crowded but spacious area, she was hit with the sound of chatter and faint laughter around the place. She didn't waste time looking as she headed straight to the aisle that she visited often snagging a cart in the process.

She dumped a few items in the cart and continued her walk, observing the shelves for any new products.

Khadija got carried away when she sighted a cream she has been looking for as she reached her hand for it bumping into someone in the process. She stumbled a few steps back but regained her balance and quickly fixed her veil which started to slide off her head.

Looking up with an apologetic smile, Khadija was greeted with a light skinned male with a frown etched onto his face which made her feel more panicked for a reason. He looked young maybe a few years older than her she hoped she didn't bump into a problematic man.

"I-I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking it's my fault." She stumbled over her words as her fingers tightened on the silver colored cart anxiously. A smile briefly graced his face as his eyes flickered at her cart meters from his feet back to her, amusement dancing in his eyes which left her surprised for a moment.

He shrugged with a hint of a smile. "It's okay. I was more worried my feet were going to be mauled over than being bumped into really." He replied, humor lacing his tone as he gestures to his feet covered with socks and slides earning a genuine yet nervous laugh from Khadija.

"No but I still bumped into you and I wasn't looking meaning it is coming from my side. I'm sorry again." Khadija apologized once again earning a nod from the man.

Turning back to the shelf, Khadija reached for the glass bottle once again as she scanned the contents before dropping it into the cart and finally looked up only to meet the eyes of the man she talked to a minute ago causing her to raise her eyebrow.

"Do you need something —" She trailed off confused as to why the man was still standing there. Their conversation already ended and he already dismissed the fact that she bumped into him so she was left wondering why he still hung around.

"Actually, I do." He exhaled.

Her facial expression soon turned from confused to blank as she stared up at the man predicting the words he was going to say next.

"Can I get your number?" He tilted his head to the side. The slight tilt of her lips disappeared as she averted her eyes to her hand where a ring was adorning one of her slender fingers.

"I'm married." She nibbled on her lip as she finally looked up at him.

"That's nice." He squinted his eyes with a confused smile taking over his face. "I actually wanted to know the number of your car, my car's blocked." He explained carefully and Khadija's face immediately flushed in embarrassment as she rejected a man who had no interest in her.

Her eyes fluttered shut as she let out a dry laugh, tilting her head to the side defeatedly. Her hand ran over her scarf in embarrassment as she fluttered her eyes open meeting his dark orbs.

"It's number thirteen." Was the only thing she could make out in a smaller voice. He nodded his head as his eyes averted to her half empty cart before pinning his eyes on hers.

"Are you almost done? My car is behind yours." He disclosed and Khadija wanted to scream right then and there but restrained herself as she glanced at her cart. A sigh escaped her lips as she weighed her options.

"I'll move it." Khadija grumbled as she released her tight hold on the cart. He followed behind her quietly as she stopped to talk to one of the clerks there.

"I left my cart, I'm just going to move my car." She jerked her thumb towards the aisles. The clerk looked behind her where her cart was before pinning his eyes on her.

"Okay no problem." He answered instantly moving aside for them to pass. As soon as she got there she noticed her white Audi blocking a jet black Mercedes she failed to notice earlier.

It didn't take long and Khadija slid out of the space she parked her car, propping her hand on the door as she waited for him to reverse his car. She didn't waste time to zoom her car into the space he left exiting the car soon after. She slammed the door a but harshly taking out her frustration on the poor thing. She was quick to make her wsy towards the building, her eyes not daring to look in the man's direction until she stepped into the cool place.

•••

ZAHEER couldn't catch a break. As soon as he came back home he was greeted with Amra, one of the girls he got along with. He turned off the ignition as he stepped out of his Audi approaching the girl who's face lit up at his presence.

She was quick to throw her arms around him; her body flush against his as she mumbled incoherent words in his ear with her fingers clenching the material of his shirt.

He released a breath as his large hands covered her shoulders in an attempt to push her back just as the sound of tires crushing against gravels was heard as Khadija's Lexus came into view.

Khadija furrowed her brows noticing the two figures standing in front of their home and she neared the house, she realized it was none other than her husband with a girl clinging onto him.

Gathering her belongings, Khadija stepped out of her car as she approached the house feeling a lump growing in her throat at the sight and kept her gaze forward but a voice stopped her.

"You're Zaheer's sister right? I've seen you around but never really got the chance to talk to you." The timid voice called out causing Khadija to halt her steps before turning around with raised eyebrows, her eyes widening a fraction.

"Sister?" Khadija questioned and hated the crack in her voice. Zaheer raised his eyes to Khadija when he heard the crack in her voice, noticing her red rimmed eyes, feeling Amra's grip on him slacken as she tilted her head to the side in confusion.

"Are you serious?" She laughed pinning her eyes on Zaheer, directing her question at him. Zaheer's eyes was still bore into hers as Amee's confused gaze bounced from Zaheer to Khadija's feeling the sudden tension.

"I'm done." She exclaimed disappearing behind the door, locking herself in the house leaving a very confused Amee.

"I'm confused. Isn't she your sister?" Amra cluelessly asked pulling away from him just as Zaheer looked down at her then back at the door Khadija disappeared into.