| Game On |

KHADIJA CLUTCHED THE HANDLE OF JAMAL'S stroller whilst Zaheer fell in step beside her

KHADIJA CLUTCHED THE HANDLE OF JAMAL'S stroller whilst Zaheer fell in step beside her. He was dragging a suitcase behind him and she couldn't help but glance at the man in charge of their luggage following them closely behind. They stopped by a navy blue Audi and Khadija was quick to strap Jamal out of the stroller and into the car seat.

She slid into the car just as Zaheer slammed the trunk closed getting into the car a few moments after. It's been a long time since Khadija met Zaheer's family and she was still preparing for it. It's really hard to actually socialize when everyone in the family including my husband disliked her. It made her wonder what kind of disturbing aura she had.

Her eyelids were droopy but she fought the sleep that tried to overcome her. She glanced at the backseat a few times to check on Jamal and he was still soundly asleep. She mimicked his actions leaning her head against the window shutting her eyes.

It wasn't long before she felt the car stop popping her eyes open rubbing her eyes with her fist, her fingers toyed with the handle pulling the door open. She stepped out of the car reading for Jamal transferring him to the stroller careful not to wake him up.

Multiple cars were parked in spaces and people were sitting in the gazebo and chairs scattered around the space leading to the backyard. She could feel eyes on them as they walked towards the entrance meeting Zakari on the way.

He embraced Zaheer looking elated meeting Khadija's eyes in the process. His eyes widened a fraction when he met her eyes before dropping lower.

Khadija let a smile stretch her lips parting her lips to greet him but he reached his hand out for Jamal instead, completely ignoring her existence.

It was only then she realized Zaheer wasn't beside her anymore. She pursed her lips subtly running her eyes over the place to find Zaheer but failed to locate him. She let her eyes wander back to Zakari who was already looking at her causing her to raise a brow.

He quickly averted his eyes, clearing his throat handing Jamal back to her who seemed impatient, reaching his chubby hands out for her.

She let a big smile light up her face as she held the toddler in her hands who reached for her hoops and she was quick to jerk her head back, not bothering to pay attention to the man shifting from one on foot to another, giving himself the importance he didn't deserve.

She went ahead following a random woman into the house parting ways soon after as Khadija headed for her mother-in-law's side of the house which was going to be a long walk there.

When she arrived to the bright hallway leading to her doom, she noticed someone hanging by the door, his head leaned back as he stared out at the courtyard displaying a fountain.

As if he could sense their presence, his eyes snapped open meeting hers. He straightened up as Khadija neared him and a smile ghosted his lips as Jamal babbled reaching out for him.