Chapter 34: Until Dawn

Will broke branches and carved 4 foot spears with his knife.

Will put his things against a big tree and tasked himself to try to salvage things from the wasted shed.

Hours and hours later he was only able to salvage one granola bar,one pistol with 8 bullets,and Phil's radio that looked terrible but worked.

Will sat down with all of his things and decided that the radio could make one more call,so naturally there was only one person that he could call.

Robert,RJ,and Lewis had made it to the west side of Veronia,which was the opposite side of the Hospital and the neighborhood.

"Where are we gonna go?"RJ asked.

"I don't know,man.I'm not familiar with this place." Robert muttered.

Lewis pointed to a Meat store across the road from them.

"There?"RJ asked.

"Food's in there."Lewis said flatly.

RJ and Lewis walked inside and Robert was about to as well,but stopped when he heard a familiar voice from his pocket.

"Robert!Robert!Come in!"

"Will?"

"Robert!Shit, Man!Everything has gone wrong."

"Calm down?What do you mean?"

"Um...They captured Zane,Phil,and Shawn."

"Is Ben Ok?"

There was silence on the other end.

"Will?Is Ben ok?"

"Um...God.Robert,Ben got shot.He didn't make it."

Robert leaned against the outside wall.

"He is?"

"I'm sorry."

"I can't believe he's gone."

"I...I made him a promise,I'm going to get them out of there.I'm going tonight."

"I...I see.Let me help you,please."

"Robert,You would never get there in time.They want to kill them.I'm sorry."

"Save them Will."

"I wi-"

The radio cut off,and Phil's radio was finally broken.

Robert screamed and threw his radio in the middle file of the street completely shattering it.

RJ and Lewis rushed outside but Robert shoved past them and walked inside the restroom and slammed the door shut.

RJ was going to go in after him but was stopped by Lewis.

"Don't man,Don't."

The same evening,Phil,Zane,and Shawn were tied to rusted foldable chairs in a small rusted room.

They were inside of a long abandoned control building for electrical engineers and workers.