Chapter 27: The Generator

Robert limped out of the creek and leaned against a tree.

The smell of metal intensified vastly and that is when Robert knew he was only a few feet away.

But Robert felt terrible.

He could barely move and It got harder and harder to see.

Robert stepped away from the tree and limped towards the Darker Fog.

With each step,blood came from his wound.

He finally saw the generator.

It was in a cylinder shape and very dark red fog was flying out of it.

Buttons and screens and levers all around it.

It looked like something out of the future.

But on the side there was 4 big black letters.

PALS

"Son of a bitch."Robert muttered.

They created the fog.

It had been confirmed.

"How the hell do I stop this?" Robert shouted.

Robert felt stupid yelling to nobody but someone appeared.

"You!" Robert shouted.

It was the boss.

"Push that button right there."He said,pointing at a button next to a small screen .

"Fine!"Robert shouted back.

Robert punched the button leaving his blood marks on it from his creek injury.

The screen flickered and footage played.

An old man in a suit started talking.

"Good day PAL member!As you know we triggered the the fog.The fog was created to make the world corrected.Too many people have caused global war and pollution.There needed to be change.Our fellow researchers have studied the world and it would turn to chaos within the next year.Any pal member can turn off a generator by making a blood sacrifice.One pints worth.There is a circular hole.Turn off the machine after the world has learned its lesson."

"I learned my lesson asshole!"Robert shouted jamming his hand into the hole.

Robert immediately heard a sound of a saw and closed his eyes.

Robert screamed as the saw started to cut through his hand.

He felt determined to stop the fog so he kept his hand in there until the saw stopped.

He slowly pulled out his hand,fully expecting his hand to be gone but his hand was still there.

His hand had been cut pretty deep but not deep enough to infect.

"Worth it!"Robert shouted after he kicked the generator.

From the hole emerged a blue button that said,End the Fog.

Robert pushed the button immediately and the fog seemed to suck back inside of the machine,turning blue as it descended.

Wind flew all around Robert and he fell backwards onto the dirt.

The fog was gone for 1 minute and he could see the sky until the other generators replaced the fog,although the fog seemed brighter and more transparent.

He had made a huge step forward to stopping the fog,although there were still 2 more generators.