"Cam Miller, restrained passenger in a vehicle T-boned on its side. Vital signs stable. G.C.S. is 14. He's been disoriented." The paramedic of the first ambulance opened the door as the smell of the gas hit the doctors and they all groaned. "The tanker's been leaking gas all over the road." He informed them as they all has started coughing and they put their hands up their noses to cover the smell as much as possible. "We did a primary decontamination on the scene, but we had to get him out of there."

"Okay, no open flames, no smokers, no use of cauteries . Be safe people." Chief Hunt yelled as Aurora and Dr Webber took the patient in the ER for examination.

×××

Aurora was trying to examine the patient but he kept resisting. "Hey, hey." He tried to pull away from the stethoscope which Aurora had on her ears trying to listen to his heartbeats. "Where's my sweatshirt? I want to step outside for a smoke."

"I'm sorry, sir, but you can't do that." Aurora tried to reason with him.

"Sweetie, you are a really pretty girl, but I don't need lectures from pretty girls." The patient snapped at her. Aurora was a beautiful woman, which sometimes caused her patients, especially males, to not take her serious. Sometimes some of them took it just a bit too far by flirting with her, so she always hated working with men.

"She means you're covered in gasoline, sweetie." Dr Webber stood up for her. "Now sit your butt back down." He ordered and Aurora smiled knowing that the patient didn't have much choice. She felt a little better that Webber had her back and she didn't need to be the rude one. She knew that sometimes she had to be, but she had so much patience and that didn't always work on her favour.

You know how people toughen up after a series of bad things in there lives? They have thicker skin and they don't care about anything that is happening, or they are at least good at pretending they don't care. Aurora was nothing like that. After what happened to her at Peru and after Mark's death, she felt more valuable than before. Even though she still smiled, every time something bad happened she cried more easily. She hadn't toughen up, not in the slightest.

When Aurora was done with the examination on the patient, she walked at the entrance of the entrance of the ER for a new incoming. In that moment, she saw her previous patient stepping outside. She knew that he was going to smoke and she needed to act fast before something bad could happen. She ran outside trying to catch up with him "Sir, stop!" She yelled as she saw him lighting up the cigarette that was between his mouth.

The next few seconds went by fast as a loud blast shook the whole ground. The tanker had exploded. "Oh God!" Aurora muttered as she tried to kept her cool at what was happening. She looked at the ground beneath her like it was going to open in half. But that lasted only a second. Because the real danger was right in front of her and she had no idea.

The man covered in gas that wanted to smoke so desperately was caught on fire. And he was running towards her.

When she looked up, she saw the man on fire. Running towards her as he wan't seeing where he was going. His whole body was on fire. And if she didn't move, the fire would get caught up with her.

"Get him on the ground!"

"Get out of the way!"

"Hey, move!"

People around her were yelling but she was frozen in place.

"Sloan move!" She heard a familiar voice coming from the ER. Dr Webber had ran outside when he saw her there and tried to snap out of the state she saw at.