chapter 12

we headed back to the great hall after what had just happened.

draco, cosette, emma and fred were sitting there in chairs waiting for me to come back after george running after me.

"you guys are back!" they all yelled at the same time. everyone's eyes were now on us.

we were holding hands and now had butterflies in my stomach. i'm sure they could all tell that i was crying for a bit, but after a few seconds everyone went back to dancing and having fun.

"what happened with you guys?" cosette and emma said as we went to go dance again.

"come to my dorm after the dance, i'll tell you guys, pansy and ginny everything. could one of you tell ginny and pansy?" i say.

"i can! i know they love to hear about this stuff!" cosette says.

they really were my best friends. the yule ball finally ended and the night was almost over.

you walked george back to his dormitory. he was the last one going into his room and we stood there and talked for a couple minutes while holding hands.

"george, thank you for one of the most magical nights of my life. i will never forget this night." i say to him as we pressed our foreheads together.

"i won't either. i love you rachel, goodnight" he says.

"goodnight georgie, i love you too" i say as we kissed for a couple seconds.

he was so different than the others.

i walked back to the slytherin common room and on the way back i saw harry.

"harry! i barely saw you tonight! how was being with ginny?" you say.

"it was wonderful! how was your night with george? i saw you run out and i wanted to make sure you were okay, but i saw george run after you and let him have his moment there" he said while we both laughed at that last part.

"it was great and so magical. i'll tell you more at breakfast tomorrow. goodnight harry!" i say.

"goodnight rachel!" he replies.

i'm finally at my dorm and see that pansy let everyone in.

"rachel! tell us!" they all said at the same time.

i told them everything that had happened; the dancing, how i told him i loved him, his speech, the kiss and everything overall.

they were all in awe. "i'm so happy for you rachel!" cosette and pansy said together, still in awe.

"you guys are going to be the new golden couple, i can already tell" emma says while everyone nods in agreement.

"oh well that can't happen when you and fred are already together!" i say to emma.

she gives me the wink that fred always does to everyone. we all laughed so hard and were all in an amazing mood now. we were all getting a bit tired and loopy.

"goodnight everyone! love you!" cosette and emma say as they head for the hufflepuff common room.

"goodnight love you too!" pansy, ginny and i all reply back.

"i'm going to use the restroom and shower real quick and then you can rachel!" pansy says to me.

"okay!" i reply.

"can i just say something before i head back to my dorm?" ginny asks.

"well of course you can! i'm here to talk about anything!" i say to her.

"aww thanks so much! all i want to say is is that george is so sweet and such a great man. he will treat you so well and you guys are perfect for each other, i can't even explain. please don't hurt him, he's gone through enough in life." ginny says.

"i would never. ever. hurt him. if someone hurt him i would beat the life out of them. and thank you so much. i've loved him since i've met him, you think i would break his heart if i was deeply in love with him?" i say back to her.

"oh well of course i wasn't expecting you to i was just making sure you knew not to" she says

"i'm gonna go back now, i wish you and george the best, have a goodnight, i love you, and happy christmas!"

"happy christmas ginny, love you too girl!" i say.

she is too sweet! i get ready for bed and fall asleep almost immediately.

authors words: kind of a fill in chapter, but it's good that her friends know now!!